-

Michael could hardly keep his eyes awake the following day after Sunday, the lids of his pupils shutting in the middle of class, only to have him sitting in a wooden desk with flushed cheeks because the teacher called him out. 'I'm already dealing with enough, please don't give me detention.' The teacher managed to let him off with another hook, simply giving him another Thursday of community service -- in which this case, he had to pick up trash that lingered around the campus grounds. Thankfully, today was Monday.

He locked himself inside of a library - figuratively, that is - letting in all possible knowledge as he sat down with a good book that seemed interesting from the description. Michael didn't have a test to study for, and homework was rarely given out in the beginning of the week. That's just how his school worked, but many others were different. The pale boy was quiet and peaceful, breathing in the scent of vanilla candles and chocolate bars that the new librarian assistant clearly snuck in. He was kind of hungry, but getting his mind off of things for a while was more important than eating.

Of course that didn't last long.

The Maori sat in front of him, tan fingers locking on the crisp edge of a random book that he picked up from a cart, it obviously being one that he didn't bother with finding a description for. What if it wasn't his style? Did he even read? "Oh hey, Michael, I didn't know you came to the library on Mondays."

"I come here everyday," Michael shrugged nonchalantly, letting go of the thought he had inside of his head before he went to sleep last night and dreamt of things that made him want to cry by the time he awoke in the morning. "I know that I've never seen you in this place before, and it's because assholes like you don't come to places like these."

"And how would you know?"

"Haven't you seen the movies? -- where somebody pretends to like something that they actually don't, in order to impress somebody?" Michael laughed. "If I do say so myself, you're trying to knock me off the hook and persuade me into thinking you're into satire or science fiction." That definitely isn't what the pale boy preferred. He liked books that had exciting plots. "I think you should check this one out. It's called Stolen."

"And it's about?"

"You'll just have to find out for yourself," Michael shrugged, the bags under his eyes coating that he needed more sleep, but was putting that off as well. He needed to keep making more money. "Anyway, what's the plan for today?"

"I don't really know, but I think I deserve some sort of reward after making you eight hundred dollars Friday night."

"You? -- as in I wasn't involved in the process?"

Calum cleared his throat anxiously, petrified that he was giving away too much free information in a small amount of time. "Did I say me? I meant we." Michael rolled his eyes, because the brunette was hiding something -- and it concerned the green eyed boy more than it should have. "Cut that off and just tell me already, dammit."

"I can't," Calum bit down on his lip, strumming his fingers towards Michaels pale ones before awkwardly connecting them with granted permission, "come on, I think I have another idea that'll earn you a decent amount of money."

Michael just went with it. Was it really the right thing to do? "Where are we going now, Calum?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

-

Everything was a blur, in the same way that these past few days have been, as well. Michael can recall waiting on certain moments to feel like a reality, to be the lighter to his pitch black darkness that filled the inner corners of a tunnel, to understand that he wasn't breaking -- even though he was, and he wasn't as strong as he thought he was. It was kind of funny to him, really. Everything went by so quickly, that he wasn't sure if two days had passed, or two weeks. It was only a matter of time that he began to let certain things define his worth.

"I guess I owe you now," Michael frowned, not really being in the mood to grant the Maori with some type of reward. He just wanted to go home and sleep. Two hundred dollars was enough money to get him through for the day, even if he was running out of time. "What do you want?"

"I really just want to make out with you."

"Okay," Michael shrugged once again, pulling the tanned goddess towards his petite body, only to feel his cold hands warming up under Calum's touch. Why was his hand poking Michaels chest? "I thought this was part of the exchange?"

"I-It is, but I'm not one to take advantage of somebody, and if this isn't what you want to do right now, then we don't have to do it."

"Who said I didn't want to make out with you?" Michael was too sad to think about doing anything in that sort of form, but Calum didn't need to know that. "We made a deal, and I promised you that I'd stick to it."

"I want you to kiss me because you want to -- not because of a stupid exchange."

"So now it's stupid?" Michael backed up, sidetracking himself as he felt all strength inside of him blow into pieces. "Last time I checked, getting into my pants was your dream. Why the sudden change of heart?"

"I - I," Calum paused, not really knowing the answer himself, "I want to do things with you that aren't easy to put into words, and I can tell you're not mentally or physically stable enough to handle that kind of thing at the moment. We can have sex when you're ready, not when I am."

"Wow --," Michael really didn't know what to say, Calum was never this nice, "I haven't been this speechless in a while. You really have a way with your words, Hood."

"I guess I do," Calum grinned, flopping himself down on top of the pebbled ground, near the road, but away from the curb, "I know that our deal is if I help you pay off the hospital bills, we can fuck. But we haven't reached that goal yet, so don't rush into doing anything if it makes you uncomfortable."

Calum wasn't expecting to feel something wet on his lips. Michael was -- kissing him. "What was that for?"

"To thank you, for everything," Michael smiled warmly, pulling the brunette into a firm hug, before the Maori grasped him down onto the ground beside his muscular body, that familiar feeling of want lingering inside of the pale boys mind. Why was he feeling this way? Why was his heart racing? "Calum?"

"Yeah?"

"I know we haven't been on the best of terms lately, but I really do appreciate you, even if you won't tell me how we're making this money in the first place. But it doesn't really matter how, I guess, because you're helping me save the one person I give a fuck about."

Calum wanted Michael to give a fuck about him, too, but not everybody gets what they want, and that's why he was sad. But he hid it well with a tight smile and glistening, brown eyes, that glazed underneath the sunlight as they melted along with the seventy degree heat. Maybe he wanted more than just sex. He really wasn't sure.

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

Hi.

I went to warped tour today. I had a tei with Kellin and Nick and they inspired me so much, you have no idea. I discovered a new band today and they gave me so many hugs and were so fucking nice. And I've always been too afraid to ask for a hug or for a picture but I asked so many times today for certain bands and I'm so proud of myself, ok?

Anyway, who cares. Hope you enjoyed!