Bump In The Road

"There you are I was wondering were you guys went" Sebastian comments

"Yea I had to deal with my stupid ex boyfriend" I sigh

"He's a real asshole man such an idiot" Emerson adds

"So who is this guy?" Remington asks

"Oh this is Sam one of my best friends and the guitarist for our band" I smile

"Nice to meet you guys Scar always rambles on about you and is always doing covers of your songs during band practice" Sam laughs

"Shush they don't need to know that!"

"Aww that is adorable!" Sebastian giggles. I feel my face get hot and I look away so the guys don't see me blush. As Sam starts to talk to Sebastian about guitars I look towards Emerson to see he is whispering something to Remington. Remington nods and smiles then walks over to me.

"Scar would you like to hang out with us after we get done with all of this? This was our last show and we have the rest of the day to ourselves"

"Oh I don't know my friends and I were going to the mall after this but if you like you can join us. Hey Lila is it cool if the guys tag along with us to mall?" I ask

"Yea its cool we'll just have to use your car because mine is too small" Lila smiles

"Groovy we'll let you pack up your stuff and we can leave then" I say

"Cool" Remington smiles right as the bell rings. Everyone gets their final pictures with the band and leave to class. Fortunately I don't have a seventh period and neither do my friends so we can stay.

"Hey Scar I won't be able to make it to the mall but I'll text you okay?" Sam says

"Oh okay don't worry I'll just see you at home" I smile as I hug him. He walks away leaving just the guys and my friends. They all start packing their instruments and I walk towards the girls.

"Ohh I see you flower child!" Arabella smirks

"What are you talking about?" I question

"Dude did you not see it?" Mia comments

"No what?" I ask

"Girl every little chance he got Emerson would look at you!" Lila exclaims

"Look at me?" I question

"Yes look at you! He would look and then just smile really big!" Arabella giggles

"What can that mean?!"

"That means he must like you if he looks at you a lot and smile you idiot!" Lila shakes her head. Could it be? He just met me maybe it was just a friendly thing but I hope Lila is right I do have a huge crush on him. The guys soon finish packing their things and we all head to the parking lot. I take out my car keys and unlock the doors just as Emerson yells "Shotgun!" I laugh and we all get into my car with Sebastian and Remington in the very back and Lila, Arabella, and Mia in the middle. I look for my credit card in my wallet but can't find it until I remember my idiot self left it on my dresser and decided to only bring $40 to school.

"Hey guys I need to make a quick pit stop at my house because I forgot my credit card"

"Oh okay" They all say

I drive to my house and get out the car and run up the steps to the door to find it unlocked. Sam must already be home. Sam and I decided to get our own place when I turned 16  because my parents were arguing a lot and I didn't want to be home hearing that all the time. I start walking upstairs to my room when I hear Sam talking to someone I turn to his room and see him with Chelsea a girl that has a really big crush on him, with balloons and and a big poster. 

"So Sam will you go to prom with me?" She asks

"Uhm I don't know Chelsea.."

"Please come on Sam it'll be fun!" She exclaims

"Alright I'll go to prom with you" He sighs. I quickly walk to my room and sigh. He has a date already I grab my card and quietly walk out of my house. I get back into my car put my seat belt on and drive to the mall. Everyone is laughing and joking around and I stay quiet and focus on the road. Emerson decides to turn on the radio and plug his phone into the aux cord blasting The Rolling Stones. I remain quiet as everyone sings. We finally arrive and we all get out the car and as I stay behind everyone walks ahead of me. Arabella notices me and walks next to me.

"Whats wrong flower child. I noticed you acting different ever since you walked out of your house did something happen?"

"Well I saw Chelsea in Sam's room with balloons and a poster and she asked to him to prom and he said yes" I mumble

"Oh I'm sorry Scar"

"Its alright just kinda bummed you know? I was getting a bit excited about it too just with the whole Damon thing and how quick he was to defend me it kind of made me realize how much not only likes me but cares about me as well. Chelsea is a sweet girl though if they do decide to date I know she'll make him happy." I sigh

"Don't worry flower child we'll find you a date" Arabella smiles

"No Ara I don't know anymore this whole situation is killing my vibe to go to prom"

"Well we still have a 3 weeks until prom so you have a little time to think about it okay?" Arabella says as she rubs my shoulder. We all walk into the mall and the very first store we enter is a dress store Mia, Lila, and Arabella all start looking for dresses while I stay with the guys walking around the store.

"Do you think this dress will make me look fat?" Remington asks as he pulls out a long red dress

"I think it'll look great" I giggle

"Hey Scar why aren't you looking for dresses?" Sebastian asks

"Oh I'm not going to prom." I shrug

"why not?" Remington asks

"I don't have a date all my friends do and I don't want to be the only one just tagging along without a date. It would be different if we all went as a big group but it didn't happen that way." I say

"Hey Scar come help me with these dresses!" Arabella says. I walk over to her and see Emerson walking over to Lila and Mia to talk to them. I turned back to Arabella to see her pick out a really pretty royal blue dress.

"You should definitely try that on Ara!" I smile. We walk to the fitting room and I sit down waiting for Arabella to come out. I look through my phone and I finally hear Arabella calling my name.

"Scar come here please I need you to help me zip up this dress"

"Sure thing" I walk over and start zipping up the dress.

"Where's Lila and Mia I haven't seen them since they were talking to Emerson?" I ask

"They must've gone to the bathroom I'm guessing" I shrug as I finally get the dress all the way zipped up.

"Turn around Ara"

"Wow you look so pretty!" I exclaim

"Really you think so?" She asks

"Hell yes! This dress was made for you!"

"Okay okay let me put my clothes back on and if I don't find another dress I'll definitely get this one" She laughs. I sit back down on the chair and stare at the floor when I hear someone call my name but this time it wasn't Arabella..