Back Together

"Marinette?"

Hearing him call her name was something she wanted for years. She smiled and gave him a sheepish wave.

"I'm back." She said. She expected him to be happy but when he hugged her she was surprised.

"Welcome back." He said as he tightened his hold. Soon she hugged him back. They stood like that for awhile before they broke apart. Adrien let out a cough before ushering her to his desk.

"I didn't know you ran this now." Marinette said as she watched him take a seat behind the desk.

"Well my father wasn't getting any younger." He jested.

"A model and a boss huh?" Marinette asked.

"Yes, and it's not as easy as I make it." The blonde replied. She laughed at his response before he spoke up again. "Shall we get down to business?" She nodded her head as she watched him pull out her portfolio. He started asking her questions about her future and what she wanted to get out of the company. After he stated that she had gotten the job. They sat talking about the past 10 years.

"That was quite a shock to me too." Adrien admitted.

"I know right! And they call themselves our best friends." She said with a puffed. The blonde laughed at her actions as he got up.

"I believe we should get going." He said as he went to hold the door opened for her. She followed his direction and walked out. As he locked his office door he had realized how late it had gotten. He noticed that Sabrina and the rest had taken their leave. Adrien offered to take Marinette to her car, to which she happily agreed. They walked to her car still talking about the past ten years, especially her time in America. Adrien stood back and watched her get into the car. She rolled her window down after she started the car.

"It was nice catching up with you Adrien." She said to the blonde.

"Same. I'll see you tomorrow in your new office Marinette." He answered back as she started the car in reverse and drove off. He watched as she went and looked around before transforming into Chat Noir. Nothing like a late night run around Paris. He jumped from building to building before he finally got to the Eiffel Tower. He sat at the normal spot gazing over Paris. He looked to his right, something he always did, and sighed. He wondered when she will return again. He sat there for about an hour before he decided to head back to get his car and head home.

-------

Marinette woke up at seven in the morning in her old room. She had stayed the night seeing as her apartment wouldn't have her things until noon today. She got up and put on a nice black mini skirt with a white short sleeved button shirt since the weather girl said it was going to be a sunny day. She place black three inch heels to play it safe but still look good. Marionette never grew out of her clumsiness so better safe than sorry. Once she was ready she grabbed a black purse, one she had made herself, so Tikki could fly in. The purse had a secret compartment that gave Tikki a little moving space. Once Tikki was in she popped her head out.

"Ready for your first day?" the kwami asked. Marinette smiled at her and nodded her head. She walked downstairs.

"See you later mom and dad!" she called as she walked out the door. She got in her car and mentally got ready for her first day working under Adrien. Soon she started the car and drove off.

-----

Adrien was in his office going over some documents when Sabrina walked in.

"Marinette should be arriving soon." She said motioning to the clock.