Chapter Twenty Five.

~Devin's POV~

(Yeah you read that right Devin's POV, it goes along with the story promise.)

~*~

I roll over expecting to take Cassie into my arms but instead nothing.. she must be up already. I get out of bed throwing on a pair of sweatpants and head downstairs to the kitchen where I can hear her softly speaking on the phone.

"I don't know.. it's been driving me crazy Mason like what if she is.. but it's like I don't want to just accuse her and freak her out you know?" She says nervously, I wonder what she's talking to Mason about? Mason is her twin brother by the way.

"Babe?" I say walking over to her, she smiles slightly leaning to kiss my cheek.

"I have to go Mason, Devin is awake.. I'll talk to you later bye." She sighs then hangs up, "what do you want for breakfast baby I know you have to go to the label soon."

"It's fine.. I can just pick something up on the way.. you seemed stressed anyways." I say raising an eyebrow, she shakes her moving away going to sit at the island rubbing her forehead.

"It's nothing.." 

"Cassie, you've been my girlfriend for three years.. I know when something is up with you.. talk to me." I smile rubbing her back gently.

"You'll think I'm crazy." She mumbles.

"Well.. I already think that soo.." I laugh, she rolls her eyes pushing my arm away.

"It's not funny Devin, I'm being serious."

"Okay okay what's up?"

"You know the woman Kalani who was at the label party?" She sighs.

"Uh.. yeah.. I know her a bit why?" I question, I never really told her about my past relationships.. mostly Kalani I know we had settled our friendship strictly years ago but.. i just thought it be better to just pretend we never had anything for the sake of me really. I loved that girl so much and to think I lost everything because of one stupid mistake makes me so sick to my stomach.

"You know how Mason and I are adopted right? and how I've always been curious to find my real family just for like closure or something?"

"Yeah.. but Cassie what are you trying to get at..?"

"I..  I think that maybe.. she's my sister.." She says quietly, my mouth drops and my eyes widen.

"Babe that's a huge accusation to make you know?"

"I know! I know! but when I met her.. there was something about her that felt so comforting.. I didn't know what to do or say! and I still don't!"

"Cassie.. do you really just want to guess it without really thinking about it--"

She scoffs, "I knew you'd be against me.."

"No baby it isn't that at all it's just that I don't want you to be wrong and get hurt.."

"Devin I'm really sure about this.. I need to get in contact with her I need to know."

"Can't you wait? it's the week of Christmas she has her family to worry about and--"

"Why are you being such an asshole about this? I just want to know I'm pretty sure she'd be understanding about knowing her own family!"

"Not really you don't know her she's stubborn, she doesn't listen and she does her own thing that--"

"How would you know that huh? you said you two were only just friends because of Kevin and Daniel." She scoffs.

"We were!"

"It doesn't sound like that! you sound like you love her or something and you said you haven't seen her in years!"

"I haven't! I don't love her! how can I love someone without seeing them?"

"I don't know your whole past you could be lying! you could have dated her for all I know and just lied to me about it."

"Are you jealous of her something?"

"Jealous of my own sister?! oh please I'm pissed that it feels like you don't even love anymore I felt like this since last month since the party! you haven't treated me the same!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?! you're being crazy Cassie!"

"Well since I'm so damn crazy we're done Devin! I'm sick of your shit! you're a grown man still not knowing how to act and to move on from the past and I can't take it anymore we're done!"

"I-" She pushes past me hurrying upstairs, I quickly rush after her to the bedroom trying to stop her from packing. "Cassie please--" I grab her arm.

She turns around with tears in her eyes making my heart  break, "did you or did you not lie to me about her?"

"I did.." I say quietly.

She laughs hysterically, "great! that means our whole relationship is a lie if you lied about her who knows what else you've lied about!"

"Cassie I do love you, hear me out--"

"I've been tried to! I've asked so many times about your past and obviously whatever you've told me was a lie! you've been lying to me this whole time knowing I can't stand a damn liar!"

"Cassie--"

"Get off of me!" She snaps pushing me away, "there's no way I'm letting you sweet talk to me we're done just leave me alone."

I sigh letting go of her dropping my head leaving the room, what did I just do..

About fifteen minutes pass and Cassie comes downstairs changed and her bags ready.

"Where are you going to stay..?"

"I called Mason.. he should be here any minute..Devin this wouldn't happen if you would have been honest from the beginning."

"I know.. I messed up.. I'm so sorry.. if you can ever forgive me.. come back so we can talk things out.. please?"

"I don't know Devin.." She says quietly, I sigh taking a piece of paper out of my pocket and handing it to her. "what is this..?"

"Kalani's number.. it's the least I can do for being such a dickhead."

There's a beep out front and it's most likely Mason she turns to me and smiles, "thank you Devin.."

"I do love you Cassie, but there's things not said in my past that won't make me happy again till I get it off of my chest.. I realized that at the party.. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too.." Her voice cracks grabbing her things and leaving.. once the door closes there's and eerie feeling.. I need to sort things out.. soon.

The door flies open and Mason storms in walking closer to me, "who the hell do you think you are just sitting there doing this to my sister?!"

"Mason I--"

"Save it I don't give a shit that we're adults, I just care about my sister she doesn't deserve the bullshit you put just put her through."

"But--"

"Figure your shit out with whoever the Kalani is and stay away from my sister got it?" He snaps, walking back towards the door and I sigh.

"Kalani might also be your sister.." I mumble making him stop and turn back to face me.

"What did you just say..?"

"Cassie met Kalani at my record party.. she thinks Kalani might be connected to your actual family I gave her the number.."

"You're spiteful putting her hopes even more.. I can't believe you." He scoffs shaking his head and leaving, not how I thought my day was going to go..