Chapter Sixteen.

~Leinani's POV~

As Ian and I start to pull in closer into the school for some odd reason I decide to look over and suddenly someone gets hit by a bus... making me scream and Ian hits the breaks.

"What?!" Ian asks panicked I point over to the person on the floor and a bunch of students surrounding them making it difficult to see who the person actually is. "Oh shit.."

"I can't look how the hell did that happen?!" I say hiding my face into my hands, Ian sighs placing hand on my thigh and parking the car then getting out to help me out. 

"Come on."

"I don't want too."

"You don't have to look if you don't want to but we still need to go to school Nani." He says moving one of my hands taking it into his, I sigh getting out of the car and picking up my bag and following Ian. "Wait.. I kind of want to see who it is.."

"Are you sure?" He raises an eyebrow, I bite my lip slightly and nod leading him over to the crowd where I push past people and see splattered blood on the ground.. 

"It's Valerie.." I whisper..

"Out of the way!" paramedics yell pushing past us to aid Valerie.. oh my gosh.

"Nani!" Ian snaps pulling me back.

"Is it my fault?" I whisper.

"What? No.. baby of course not it's a complete accident." He sighs.

"I know but it feels like karma like we were arguing yesterday at the party and all of the sudden she gets hit by a bus!"

"Nani it's not karma, you're crazy."

I sigh, "Is she dead?" 

"If we don't get her to the hospital soon she will be." one of the paramedics mutters while passing me making me gasp.

"That's rude!"

"Just telling the truth." He shrugs while closing the door and driving away leaving students mumbling and whispering to one another.

"I think she tried to commit suicide." Someone says.

"That's so pathetic--"

"Who the hell do you think you are to say that?!" I snap.

"Oh please you never even liked Valerie." The girl scoffs.

"That doesn't mean I think it's pathetic it's sad if she did want to end her life but of course there's going to be dumb bitches like you--" 

"That's enough." The principal says walking over to us, "None of this is anyone's business."

"Oh please, you'll be lucky if her family doesn't sue this school." I scoff walking past him into the school and Ian follows.

"You really just snapped at the principal."

"I don't give a fuck who is he to say it's no one's business like it's suppose to be some secret?!"

"Okay.. you need to calm down, when did you ever care about Valerie anyways."

"I don't I just feel bad, this is a life or death situation Ian."

"Yeah.. true."

"I can't believe I actually witnessed that.."

"If it makes you feel better after school we can go to the hospital to you know.. see or not."

"I mean.. I guess we could."

Throughout the day I ended up being called down to the principal's office for 'disrespecting' him when it wasn't being disrespectful it's telling the truth if there's one thing I know, Valerie's parents love money and will do anything to get it. Also she's the main focus the whole day I'm pretty sure there wasn't one conversation that wasn't talking about her and it's sad.

"Wait so you saw it happen?" Bella asks.

"Sadly." I mutter.

"That's crazy I would have cried if I'd had saw it." 

"It was just so disgusting.. ugh." I huff rubbing my temples in frustration then laying my head down on the table.

"She thinks it's her fault it happened when it's not." Ian says whilst rubbing my back.

"Awe Nani it's not your fault."

"I know it's not it just feels like it is." My voice is sort of muffled but I'm pretty sure they can still hear me.

"We should go visit her after school.. I would say something mean about her since she's mean but she.. you know could be dead and I ain't going to disrespect the dead."

"We were already going to, you can join us." Ian offers.

"Ian you have became a complete sweetheart and it's really creepy.. what kind of spell does Nani have you in? blink three times if she's holding you against your will." She whispers the blinking part.

"Bella shut the hell up." I groan. "Ian did you notice that my mom seemed to be acting weird this morning?"

"Actually yes, I was wondering if you were going to say something about that."

"I wonder what's going on.."

"How about talk to her?" Bella asks.

"Bella you can't just ask my mom what's wrong and she'll tell you that's not it works, she's really stubborn and would never admit if there was something wrong."

"It was just a suggestion." She mumbles.

"Yeah well it was a bad one."

"Wait... oh.. I know why you're acting so rude." She laughs.

"Wait I wanna know." Ian says.

"You really don't." She continues to laugh, 

"Don't worry about it Ian." I sigh.

"Baby.." He whines, I roll my eyes grabbing his shirt and whispering in his ear, "Oh.. oh.."

"Yeah 'oh' dipshit." I huff.

"Later we can cuddle and watch movies okay?"

"Can we order food too?" 

"Yes baby."

"Aweee goals!" Bella gushes.

~*~

After school Ian kept his promise on going to visit Valerie, so that's we're heading to now I don't planning on staying to long I just wanna see how she's doing to like relieve my worries or whatever.

"Ready to go inside?" Ian asks once we get there.

"Not really... But it's better just to get it over with." I sigh, we get out of his walking inside the hospital to the front desk.

"Excuse me what room is Valerie Williams in?" Ian asks.

"Room 200." The lady mumbles, not even bothering to ask if we're family or not.

We head to the elevators and go to the third floor and walking to her room, once we walk in I can't believe my eyes.. she's connected to many machines.. at least she's not dead.

"Why the hell are you here..?" Valerie mumbles waking up slowly.

"I...uh.. I wanted to see how you were doing.."

"Fine, now leave." She huffs.

"... Okay fine whatever." I sigh walking over to the door.

"Wait.. Nani?" She sighs.

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah..." I mumble walking out with Ian.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I just wanna go home."

"Okay let's go baby."