Chapter 1: Bat Dung

"You will never be good enough, you will give up"
Milo awoke with a start, a yelp could be heard as his head collided with something hard, but.....soft? His piercing green eyes shot open to find his little brother, Oscar crying softly with his head in his paws.
"Oh Oscar, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" Oscar open his eyes and nodded at Milo.
"Yeah I'm ok, I just came to tell you that I caught breakfast all by myself." Oscar stood tall looking proud. Milo laughed.
"That's great! But you still have to stay at Curio's house while I'm at work." Oscar groaned, Milo jumped up and bounded out of the cave to find a mouth watering deer carcass laying just outside.
"But I'm responsible enough!" Oscar pounced at his brother, only to land in bat sung as Milo sidestepped away. "Ew!" Oscar ran, full force towards a salt water lake to wash the disgusting pellets off.
"Now, now boys, calm down." An elderly grayish panther padded out of the den and chuckled as she saw Oscar wrestling with a salmon.
"That boy will never learn." She laughed and sighed as she turned towards Milo.
"You should be getting to work, don't worry I will take care of Oscar. I'm sure he would like to play with Osa." Curio pointed out as a younger panther cub trotted out of the cave across the lake. She was about Oscar's size but could probably still fit in a medium sized log.
"Osa!" Oscar bit into the fish and threw it to the cub. "I caught it for you." The boy bragged, Osa giggled and bit into the fish.
"Thanks Oscar, it's very good." He grinned and glanced at his brother a sense of pride radiated from him. Milo shook his head but laughed anyway.
"Osa! That could have fed your brothers for a week!" The old she-panther scolded. Osa blushed and looked down at her paws.
"I'm kidding darling, that was your fish fair and square." Curio laughed.
"Well I'm heading to work, have fun Oscar!" Milo waved, but Oscar didn't seem to notice as he flexed his paws to impress Osa. Milo sighed and started to bound away towards the large over growth, where his nightmare of a job, would begin.