Thirteenth Chapter

Start from the beginning

SCRREEEEECCHHHHH!!

Unable to keep his balance, he stumbled to the ground.

"Hey, Winston!" I called, sternly hauling into a stop. "Get in."

Dallas quickly got to his feet and rushed into the backseat. The fuzz cars suddenly appeared on our route. I panicked, but still eventually made a drift passed them.

"Who are you, lady?" he suddenly asked, groggily.

I only eyed him from the mirror and said, "Wendy.. Wendy Jane Holsen."

"The hell you saving me for?"

"I'm not so sure myself," I sighed. "Just trust me."

"Wendy, huh?" he cocked a brow and sat up higher from slouching. "You don't know me.."

"Will you hush?!" I rolled my eyes. "I'm driving."

"Like I care," he sworn, and leaned closer.. very close to my face... "If you know me by now, you should know that you can't tell me what to do.. y'hear?"

I could feel his breath lingering by my neck. The same smell of the liquor from before, aroused the car.

"Stop the car."

"What?" I spat, widening my eyes.

"Stop the fucking car.."

I faced him, our nose nearly touched as he remained close by. "The fuzz is out there, Dal!"

"Yeah, I reckon' that! Now, sto—"

SCRREEEEEEECCCCCHHHH!! Dallas flew to the backseat. He abruptly kicked the door open and ran out.

What the hell was he up to? I ran after, following him behind. He took a lot of turns and tried losing the cops through his maze of brick buildings. Smart move, Dal.. The fuzz seem to have split up in search of him. I lost Dally too, once he entered a dark alley.

As I took steps in the alley, I silently called out his name. No answer.. it was dead silent. I could only hear the sirens echoing in the streets louder.

"Ay—!"

I glanced at where the inside-echoed voice came from. There was an opening in a brick building where Dally hid.

"Whattaya waiting on? Get in 'ere!" he beckoned.

I paced around for a sec then rushed through the brick hole Dally hid. Inside was a vacant room with crumbs of old cracks and old rusted metal. There only shined a ray of moonlight from the tall window up the ceiling.

I gazed up at the ceiling window and asked, "What is this place?"

"You can't tell by lookin' at it? Jesus Christ.. I should've left you out there."

"From the looks of it.. I wouldn't mind crashing in a night," I chuckled sheepishly.

He glared at me in disbelief. "This place is trash. It's abandoned and torned out."

"—No it's not"

"Sure is," he shrugged, roaming around. "Might as well have it burn down."

I only peered at him. "Is there problem?"

"What–" He froze then glared hard. "I've got the problem?"

"Your face. It's beaten."

He touched his bruised face as if he had forgotten. "Ah.. Jeez. Look at me."

Dallas turned then paced around. He looked confused, facing frontward and back continuously. He was close to speak but let it go.

"Dally.." I called, to make sure he was alright.

But he didn't look. Dally couldn't even hear me. He stared passed me which made me believe I was no longer there. He slowly covered face with his palms and slouched his back from the wall, landing to lay weakly on the concrete ground of this abandoned building.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked behind me to see who it was.

"Johnny."

"This ain't the plan, Wendy."

"What are you saying?" I asked, in concern. "What's happening?"

He sighed then told me, "You saved Dal. Again."

We both glanced at Dally, who was rested on the concrete. Nothing was clicking to me. I looked at Johnny, then back at Dallas. His body was gone.

***

THE LOUD SIRENS BEGAN TO ECHO THE STREETS AGAIN and Johnny quickly left the building with no word. I followed him out to see where he was headed. Johnny strolled ahead without looking back.

"Wendy, there's something you don't know."

Rushed steps came close. The sound of it grew louder. Peering back, it was Dally running in the vacant street. The sounds of the sirens were behind him. He wasn't stopping. Just like before. Exactly like the night I struck him.

But this time, I didn't move.

I knew Johnny wanted me to see this.

Dallas ran passed, heading towards the street of the park. The fuzz quickly made their way and had Dallas Winston surrounded. Dallas paced back and forth, restless. From another direction, there was Ponyboy running with Sodapop, Two-bit, and the gang. They screamed things I couldn't hear.

So much adrenaline had rushed Dally, he pulled out his heater.

Therefore, shots were fired..

BOOM!
BOOM!!
....
BOOM!..

"..He's just a kid!!"

To Be Continued..
Author's Note: Wow, I think all my readers are gone by now but I really grew with this Outsiders Fandom. I have already graduated from highschool and it's crazy how today I suddenly came to a conclusion of how I'll end this fanfic. Maybe a few more chapters or so. But whoever is reading this, thank you for acknowledging my story! I'll make a trailer soon. 10/1/18

Here's the trailer! Make sure to let me know what y'all thoughts are 💗