Part 1 Introduction

The Cure

Thank you for reading my story. I have the draft version written and currently in the process of revising it. This story is developed as Part one of three. Part two will be a completely different story. Then Part one and part two will come together in Part three. I hope you like this concept. It's pretty new to me but it looks exciting.

This story was originally known as "The Consequence" because it was originally about a dying girl reborn into a vampire but in the rewriting process, I realized that the story has been told too many times. So I changed it up. 

Here, the character does not die. She isn't your technical definition of a vampire. She is merely an experiment that mimics the symptoms. 

Part one is told through the main character, Melanie Young, and the doctor's POV, though the doctor's POV is told in the third person. 

Without further ado, here is the synopsis:

Seven months ago, a doctor's experiment dramatically altered Melanie Young's life. Now she has incredible strength, great speed, and hyperactive senses. There is just one problem: she needs to drink blood to survive. 

Knowing that fact has left her completely alone. She cannot tell anyone especially her parents her secrets, not when she's been deemed dangerous and being hunted.   

However, ecstatic that she's cured, her parents suggest that she goes on the road with her father on a great American road trip. Will Melanie survive a whole month without blood? Will she be able to protect the ones she loves while keeping her secret safe?