8.

*Kentucky, 2010*

Klaus's POV

We were finally in Kentucky, it was a 7 hour ride. We got out off Mystic Falls after breakfast and Caroline was now sleeping, she seemed an angel when she slept, I mean she already looks like an angel but when she sleeps she's so peaceful that kind of upsets me that I have to wake her up.

"Caroline... Love... Love, wake up..." I tried softly.

"Just more 5 minutes." She said with a sleepy voice, making her seem really cute.

"Love, we are here... We just need to make the check-in and then you can go sleep." I said and she started to open her eyes and looked around.

"Alright, let's go." She said and we got out of the car and took our bags that had a few clothes and essentials, then we walked over to the receptionist.

"Hello! We would like 2 rooms." I said.

"Sorry but we just got one room and it's for a couple." The receptionist said.

"We take it." Caroline said and the receptionist gave me the key.

"You don't mind to share a bed with me, do you?" She asked me while we walked over to the room.

"No, I just thought that you would want some privacy."

"Look if I need some privacy I put a scarf on the doorknob and you do the same with some sock or something like that." She said and when we got to the room she jump over to the king size bed and got under the covers. "Can I sleep a little while? I was always waking up in the car."

"Yes, I think I'm going to sleep too." I said and went to under the covers with Caroline.

"Thank you." I said after awhile of silence.

"For what?" She asked looking now at me.

"For doing this, for never let me be alone, for being always there and..." I was saying and she put a finger in front of my mouth so I would shut up and smiled to me.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm here with you because I want to." She said and I gave a kiss in her forehead.

"What did I do to deserve to have you in my life."

"You are a good man that suffer too much and because of that the universe recompensed you with me." She said making me smirk.

She fell asleep and I found myself admiring her beauty once more and wondering how I got so lucky to have her, even if she is just my friend, having her in my life it was the best thing it ever happened to me.

After awhile I started to feel really tired and ended up sleeping there, with Caroline in my arms.

Caroline's POV

I woke up and felt Nik's arms wrapped around me, being in his arms was the most amazing feeling I ever felt, it made me feel safe and protected from everything.

He was still asleep, so I snuggled a little more and enjoy the warm feeling of being in his arms and forget about everything around us. I know that he is just my friend, my best friend but after all this years, I still can't stop feeling this attraction to him, I still like him more than a friend.