2.

*Chicago 1922*

*Chicago 1922*

Niklaus's POV

Since the day that I met Stefan 'The Ripper' Salvatore and Caroline Forbes, I start to go to Gloria's with Rebekah to hang out with them. Stefan became like a brother to me and he liked to say that we were brothers from different mothers. Caroline and I become close, we dance, talk and we make each other laugh, but we also talk with each other about our problems and past. Caroline is exquisite and I feel drawn to this woman, at first I thought that it was a mere attraction and that she was just some woman that I wanted to have some fun, but then I got to know her and realized that she is much more than a pretty face, in fact I believe it's her light what draws me to her.

After 6 months of being around Stefan and Caroline, I realized that without having any intention of that, they become part of the family, because like Caroline likes to say: "Family isn't about blood, family are the people who truly care about us and are there whenever we need them".

Even after all this time, I still feel attracted to Caroline... We flirt sometimes and dance but it never got further than that, I guess it's because she has trust issues and I am pro on that, so I can't really blame her for not trying to have something serious.

Stefan and Rebekah were going on a date today they would make 8 months of anniversary. I never had seen my sister so excited as she is when it comes to Stefan and I'm happy for her because even after all the times I felt betrayed, she is going to be always my little sister and I love her no matter what.

I decided to go to Gloria's and see if Caroline was going to be there, when I got to the bar, I saw Caroline with some young man in a dark corner. I couldn't stop myself of feeling this rage and jealousy almost taking over me. When she saw me she made me a sign to walk over to her.

"Nik, you came! Oh, look at my manners, Nik this is my drink..." She said, while cleaning the corner of her lips with her thumb, then said while place it her thumb on my lips. "Do you want some?"

"Always" I said and bite his neck, while Caroline bite the other side of his neck and when we got satisfied, we stopped and she make him drink her blood to cure his wounds and then compelled him to forget about the events of that night and go home.

"Let's dance!" She said with her bright smile, making me smirk.

We started to dance and laughing because it was with rhythm but then Gloria started to sing and I pulled Caroline to be closer to me, making us start to dance around some couples.

"You look specially ravishing tonight, love" I whispered to her ear and she gave me a smile.

"You don't look bad yourself" She said, making me smirk because this was her way to compliment someone.

After dancing, we went to the balcony and started to drink and talk, and for some reason I found myself telling her about my fears of my siblings abandon me or kill me.

"They are jealous" She said while I drank my shot.

"Jealous? Of what? An abomination? I don't think so." I said.

I didn't mind talk to her about these personal things because along the time we got very close of one another and she became a person who I trusted with everything.

"No. Of your power. You are no abomination Nik. You are a powerful creature and they are jealous because they know they will never be as strong as you. You can be a king someday, maybe you can go one day back to New Orleans to take over your kingdom again. However, your siblings know that they aren't strong enough for that task." She said with a smile and I smirked, then make a photographer take a photo to me and Caroline.

She was the only one who truly understood me and the person who could make me feel better.