Chapter 12

Heeeey guys.

I updated yesterday too, because I'm that amazing. Like you all must love me so much rn.

Okay nope. I'm just updating now bc I haven't in like 3 weeks before yesterday and I wanna make up for it.

Lol.

~Sam

______________________________________________________________________________

The car ride back from the restaurant was awkward. Eleanor followed shortly behind us and Louis just had to drop me off first, so now she knows where I live.

"Bye, Lou," I say as I climb out of the car, tripping over literally everything on the floor.

"Bye Cass." He snorts in an effort to stop laughing.

"Shut up," I say and turn around, walking into a door doing so. I can hear Louis' laughter coming from the car as I straighten myself out, walk inside, and close the door. I take out my phone and text Devin and Erin:

Hey guys. Come to my house. I'm bored and I don't like Louis' girlfriend.

I go into the kitchen and grab a bag of popcorn, flop myself down on the couch and turn on the television. I sit and snack on popcorn for a few minutes before Erin and Devin come to the door. "Coming!" I shout when I hear the doorbell ring. I open the door to a cheery--as usual-- Erin with Devin following shortly behind her.

"So, I hear you went on a date with Harry," I say to Erin once they're settled down on my living room couch, raising my eyebrows.

"Maaaaybee," she replies, putting her face in her hands and smiling. "OKAY YOU CAUGHT ME! He was just... I just... I don't know! He took me to some breakfast restaurant and we shared pancakes because they were big pancakes and then when we were done we got a giant ice cream sundae and then I got whipped cream on my nose and he kissed it off! He kissed my nose! And then apparently my face was really red and he was laughing but it was really cute when he laughed and his nose got all scrunched up and oh my god I went on a date with Harry Styles and he wants to go out again and I--"

"ERIN! Calm yourself, girl," Devin says and I giggle.

"So what about you and Zayn, huh?" I ask.

"What are you talking about?" Devin says, pretending to act disgusted.

"Your face is bright red, Dev, you totally like him. Plus, I saw you guys making googley eyes at each other when you first met." I raise my eyebrows.

"Um, no. Ew."

"Your mouth says one thing, but your eyes say another," I say in the creepiest voice possible.

Devin slaps me lightly and turns around to my bowl of popcorn. She pops a few pieces into her mouth and grabs the TV remote from the coffee table, flipping thorough the channels until she settles on a comedy show, settling down into the couch with a stray blanket laying on the arm of the couch. "So, uhhh... how was your little get-together with Lou and that Eleanor chick?"

"Oh, yeah, Lou's girlfriend hates me." I smile sarcastically.

"That sucks." Erin and I join Devin under the blanket, and soon the show is long over and popcorn is scattered across the floor, and we are long past dead asleep, sprawled out all over each other and half-falling off the couch.

***

 I wake up in a tangle of limbs and blankets on my small sectional. Devin is half-awake, and Erin is still passed out on top of both of us. I shake Devin so she's slightly more awake and she groans. I poke Erin's cheek. She doesn't even twitch. I shake her. Nothing. I push her off of me and make a lot of noise doing it. Still nothing at all.

Devin puts her face up to Erin's ear and yells. Erin jolts awake and covers her ears with her hands. Devin and I burst out laughing.

"You guys! Stop! You know I'm unstable about loud noises!" Erin whines.

"It was her," I automatically say and point to Devin.

Devin shrugs her shoulders as Erin slaps her girlishly. "Ow." She looks at her watch. "Oh, ah, gotta go. Important things. Ya know. Um, stuff. At places. With people. Duty calls," she says, flicking her wrist and walking out with her jacket in hand. She waves before shutting the door.

"That was weird," Erin says.

"Weird indeed."