The Demon and the Human's Connection (Takasugi x Reader)

Beware of oocness. This is set in a normal Edo I guess? Minus the amanto. You know like other samurai animes lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I love you. Will you spend the rest of your life with me?"

Up until now, that sweet set of words always echo in (Name)'s head. His sincere proposal years ago had her smile and reminisce all of the unforgettable moments in the past. He was a good man. Rich, honest, loyal, and romantic; every trait that a girl wants, he has it. She can never be so happy to be the one he chooses.

Unfortunately, his family doesn't approve of their relationship. After all, (Name) is a common girl while he is the son and heir of a well-known family. But he didn't care about their difference. The two eloped and decided to start from the bottom of society. At first it was hard, but he said that he can endure any hardships that is to come as long as they are together. The girl couldn't contain her happiness and she hugged him tightly.

But alas, bliss didn't stay long. His father found out and ordered a search for him. They found them immediately but he defied. He doesn't want to return. In a fit of anger, his father drew up his sword and slash him right in the eye. Takasugi screamed in pain as he knelt down and held his injured eye in his hands. (Name) ran beside him and held him, hoping it would ease his suffering. His father is not done yet, he shouted how he is such a disgrace to the family. And in a cold hard voice, he declared that he disowned him and he no longer acknowledge him as a son. Takasugi can only look at him in raw hatred as he left.

After that he changed. His genuine smile had eternally vanished from his face. To further fuel his contempt, he heard rumors that his father was ordering men to make them suffer and ruin their lives. Wrath has consumed him and tainted his soul black.

(Name) tried her hardest to pull him back to light, to return him to his usual self. She showered him with love in hopes of bringing him back. She can't really say whether it's working or not. There are times that his lips would curve up but instead of his sincere one, it has been replaced by a sly and malicious smirk.

He love her, yes. He would show it by occasionally locking his lips with her to assure her that he still harbors feelings for her. He would often pin her to the wall of their shabby house or hover over her in their futon just to make love to her. He loves her unconstrained voice, her unbridled moans, and her scream of ecstasy when she came undone. It makes him forget all the rage that is building up inside him. But this only lasts a night and the next day the beast will start howling again, making him deaf to everything around him.

Months had passed and (Name) is starting to notice that her husband had been going out a lot lately. She can't help but to worry about him especially since news of rampant killings had been circulating around the town. One night, when Takasugi had notified her that he'll be out again, she called out to him.

"Shinsuke."

The man turned, one eye staring at her in silence. The female flinched at his intense gaze, her words stuck in her throat. She gulped and just manage to say "be careful" at him. The dark-haired male mouthed an "ah" in affirmation as he slid the door open and exit. The next morning, she felt him behind her, fast asleep with his arm enclosing her. She felt relieved. She discreetly wiggled out of his embrace, careful not to wake him. When she successfully got out of his hold, she planted a kiss on his temple before leaving.

She made breakfast, cleaned any remnants, and swept the floor. When she was outside cleaning their front, she heard two men talking.

"Have you heard? Someone got killed again last night."