Grooms on their Trial (Reader x Gin, Hijikata, Kamui)

if you squint... lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Name) is the daughter of the town's mayor. She is a young maiden who happens to be a hopeless romantic. She is also a daddy's girl and as a result, she always get what she wants. As she reached the age of 18, she asked her father (the town's mayor) to permit her to marry. She doesn't really have anyone she fancies, she only wanted to know how it feels to be in love. As much as her father wants to disagree, he can't, not after seeing her dreamy state and twinkling eyes.

Her father called for the town's most handsome young men to choose from and three was selected. First is a man with curly silver hair and maroon orbs, the other is a man with short black hair and a v-shaped bangs, and the last one is a young man with long salmon red hair tied in a braid.

(Name) was delighted to see the three good-looking males but she was having difficulty who to choose so she consulted her mother for advice. Her mother told her to set some cheese before them and watch how they eat. The young girl did as she told and lead the males to their dinner table and gave them cheese.

The youngest of the three, Kamui as he was called, brightened at the sight of food being offered. He instantaneously stuffed the cheese in his mouth, rind and all. The female was let down by the males action so she looked at the other.

The black haired one, Hijikata, took a bottle from his pocket and poured all of its content on the cheese. (Name) figuring out that it was mayonnaise scrunched her face in disgust. Who's sane enough to put a frigging mayonnaise on a cheese?! She looked at the last man and saw him mimicking her reaction.

(Name) thought that he is probably the most rational of them all. She was expecting the man to eat normally by peeling the rind off carefully before eating the cheese. To her surprise, the perm head, Gintoki, brought a can out of nowhere, removed the lid and topped the content onto the cheese.

What is that?! Is that red bean paste?! What is wrong with these people?! She thought as she watched them happily eat the cheese. She exited the room in defeat and saw her parents waiting outside.

"How was it?" Her mother immediately asked. Her father gulped, obviously not ready to hand her daughter to anyone.

The young girl looked at them with lifeless eyes as she replied,
"No, never mind. Marrying doesn't interest me anymore."

Her reply had her father jump in joy. And the mayor lived happily ever after.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lmao. I should be focusing in my other series so this will have slower (as in months slow) update until I finished the other xD

This was based from Brides on their trial/Choosing a bride/Looking for a bride by the Brothers Grimms. The synopsis: A shepherd could not choose which of three sisters to marry. His mother told him to give them cheese. One did not cut off all the rind and so ate some. The second cut off good cheese with the rind. The third carefully pared off the rind, and so he married her.

I made this weeks before and decided to publish it now because I'm writing the next chapter xD It's another Gintama one lol seriously this anime is ruining my life xD