:Chapter Three:

After the four of them enjoyed the warm meal that Hitomi had made, they set off for the next town.

"If you don't mind my asking, what is the reason for your travels?" Hitomi speaks up, striking conversation as they walked.

"I'm searching for someone," Fuu responds. "These two are just my bodyguards."

Hitomi glances back, Jin lost in thought and Mugen mindlessly picking his nose. Their swordsmanship is impeccable, but the two were definitely strange.

"Do you have any information on this certain someone?" Hitomi asks.

"He is a samurai that smells of sunflowers," Fuu answers.

"Sunflowers? I think my boss grew some in the family garden..." Hitomi mumbles. "Though I'm sure they were destroyed along with the rest of the house..."

"It's not our fault the man had a huge reward on his head," Mugen comments.

"A reward we didn't get because someone killed him," Jin speaks softly.

"Don't even start, you two," Fuu grumbles. "Can't you just get along for a little bit?"

"With this guy? No way," they both respond simultaneously.

"If I may interrupt, we're coming upon the next town. It may be best if we split up to gather information. Mugen, you can go with Fuu and see what you can find. Jin and I will also search for information," Hitomi suggests.

Fuu seemed sour, that she had to pair up with Mugen, but it only lasted for a fragment of a second as she realizes that someone has to keep an eye on him in case he decided to do something rash.

"I will do my best to help you find your samurai," Hitomi nods, giving a ninja's salute.

"Thank you," Fuu replies.

Soon they separate off in search of any leads that they may get for the sunflower samurai, though the distractions the town had to offer seemed to catch the eyes of the travelers.