:Chapter Two:

The two swordsman return to their camp that they had set up on the edge of town.

"Tell you've got something to eat," Mugen is first to speak.

"Well, since we don't have any money, as usual, I went out and found some fruit!" Fuu says proudly.

She holds up a basket of fruits that she had found. Each of them take one into their hand, the kind of fruit visible to prying eyes.

In a flash before their eyes, a dagger pierces through the middle of the their fruits, accurate enough that it didn't scrape them. Their fruits are propelled away safely.

"What's the meaning of that?" Mugen grumbles, adding in a few curses.

Hitomi shows herself from her hiding place in a tree.

"If you want to see tomorrow, I'd recommend not eating those. Those fruits are highly toxic," Hitomi says, pushing a stray hair from her face.

"You again?" Mugen groans.

"You're the girl from the Oboro Manor?" Jin says calmly.

Fuu leans into them, mumbling something about how she was completely lost on the situation.

"Was. You two killed my boss. Now I have no purpose," she says.

"Like I said, kid. Tough luck," Mugen shrugs off what she had said.

"Please, before you turn me down, hear me out," she pleads. "You two... I don't know how, but you defeated my master and even the best of our family's guards with ease. I've never seen anyone with such skills. With them gone, I have no one to serve and my own skills will go to waste. If you'll allow me, I wish to wield my sword alongside you. I was the family's second best ninja. I can offer you my skills, though they are inferior," Hitomi explains.

"You want to serve these guys?" Fuu laughs as if it were the silliest thing she had even heard in her life.

Hitomi's tone became serious and her face became stone.

"Other than being a ninja, I have no other skills. It's all I know... And I have no honor to my name. But watching you two fight," she turns to them. "I realize that I still have more to learn."

"Sorry but one annoying girl is enough," Mugen says rudely.

Hitomi sighs. "Fine. I understand. I guess I'll just have to find someone else to give this warm meal to..."

She smirks, holding up a basket of her own.

"Actually there's room. The more the merrier," Mugen grins, pulling her into an awkward hug.

She pulls herself out and hands him the basket of food.

"Thank you so much," she bows. "My name is Hitomi."