Xenotime

The whistle train blows. Two teenagers and a suit of armor descended the train as the sun descends beyond the lush green mountain of their last stop.

Xenotime. A mining town in some part of Amestry, called forth the Elric brothers after they heard rumors back at Aquroya. Momentarily abandoning their journey to Central.

And of course, walking a few feet behind these brothers is a girl, around their age with clothes bigger than her body. Hair of almond shade and deep brown eyes.

Five hours earlier, Edward made a sudden change in their plans.  Telling both Mirea and Alphonse they would be stopping by at Xenotime to check something out. 

Mirea jogged in between them, looking around in distinguishable excitement. Occasionally falling behind them to gaze into some shops or to look at things she stepped on.

A very peculiar character,  is what Edward though of her. And almost annoying to the point where he thought he was baby sitting two children when Alphonse joined Mirea playing magic card tricks back at the train, his card for goodness sake. And they weren't even close to tricks. He was starting to question his decision to take her to Central. But what has passed, has passed. He needed to keep his words and make sure this girl gets to Central. After that,....uh... 'We'll just ditch her somewhere'

" This is amazing! " Mirea squealed in excitement. 

" Its a ghost town! Whats amazing about this? No much people are around its almost eerie. Aquroya was livelier than this"

"Yeah, and It almost seems like a lie that up until just recently, this town was prosperous from gold " Alphonse commented as he gaze around the nearly deserted town. Closed and empty stores accompanied them along the way

Once the streets might have been full of people from all over Amestris,  from the rich searching the best golden pottery to the poor begging for a cent. There would be traders of the finest silk and jewelry. But now there weren't a single vendor in sight.

"which is more likely for it to be here" Edward said

Alphonse gave a glimpse towards his brother. Mirea got curious too"what do you mean?"

"Well, Since they stopped being able to dig gold out of their mines, they'd want to transmute it with the Stone that much more" he picked up a stone and played it in his gloved hands, throwing it up and then catching it.

"This used to be a gold producing area, and all, so if they produce just a little then no one would find them out, right?  Its twisted the way adults think." Throwing away the stone he caught mid air.

" What is this stone you both are talking about? " they both fell silent. Mirea knew it was a conversation just between the two, but they mustn't forget that she's here too. Edward was not going to answer the question but Alphonse was hesitant. She turned to Alphonse for answers but before he could say anything, three of them heard a man's cry of help.

" Elisa! Someone, help!!" they stick up their heads to find the source of the sound.

" Did you guys hear that?"

"Yeah, I think it came from this way" Edward and Alphonse ran with Mirea leading ahead,  sliding down a slope where it leads to a mining portal, at the entrance, men started to gather and tried to lift up a mining cart which has fallen off its rail.

"What's wrong?!" Edward immediately questions before they could reach them. Puzzled by why the townsmen are trying to lift the iron cart so deliberately.

" My daughter!" The man cried, pointing at the small gap between the rusty metal cart and rock that holds it. "she's pinned!"

Alphonse and Mirea stood behind and watched as Edward bend down to look, and sure enough there was a little girl stuck underneath. She was sequeling as she tries not to move, fortunately she's not injured, yet. Edward stood up and positioned himself on flat grounding.