The Meeting II

Mirea put on her socks and shoes she was given earlier that morning. Her shoulder length hair combed and was left untied. She sat on the bed and gaze out into the sky from the opened window, immediately lost in thoughts. she wondered what'll happen next. Wondered if anything she was about to do would work.

Wondered how can she never knew the sky could be so beautiful.

A black bird suddenly glided down the roof and landed on the window frame. Mirea jolted and was nearly thrown of the bed.

She looked at the bird and the bird looked back at her, tilting its head, as if it was confused by the way Mirea reacted.

"Midget!" Squawked the black bird.

Mirea, surprised to know the bird can talk or at least mimic human speech. She smiled. That moment, there was a knock at the door and as the ward door suddenly swung open, the bird flew away. Clara stood by the door and gave Mirea a warm smile.

"Mirea, dear," said Clara, " its time to go"

Mirea was told that she didn't need to pay up her hospital bills. A gentleman from the state that goes by the name Elric, had the bill covered up. The doctor gave her more clean bandages and a bottle of antibiotic. She tucked them into her beaded bag. Mirea hugged Clara and thanked everyone for taking care of her before she left.

Elric, that's Alphonse's last name and he also has an older brother. She owed those two for saving her life. She hoped to see both of them to give them a proper thank you.

Then she started to wonder, Alphonse was so tall, then how huge would his brother be?. Suddenly the thought of it makes her shudder. Those brothers could've come from a huge family. And she meant HUGE.

Or maybe he might be well built. Being in the military and such, he must have shining muscles. Hmm, shining muscles? Haha now that sounds funny

Oh well, she'll find them later.  For now, she was more interested in finding out about herself.

The first and only place she came to her mind was the police station. With the help from the local people, and taken a few wrong turns, she finally arrived at the district's police station.

She came here, of course, to find out if anyone had ever reported about a missing girl within the last three days. Unfortunately, they weren't any. An officer,  the only officer present (?) who were at the front desk, checked the files and called other stations within Aquroya but there were no filed reports about any missing child, or daughter, or lady, or an old women named Mirea.

Only one file. ONE FILE containing a record of three adults and a failed attempt to kidnap an underage girl. But that wasn't enough. He let out the longest sigh Mirea had ever heard as he looked at all the scattered files he will be tidying up next.

" If im right, you're the girl the State Alchemist and his brother saved a few days ago," he Said. "And the guys who were after you? They're in costody."

"Figured as much" she leaned in over the desk. "Can I have a word with them?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Mirea walked out of the police station, the sun was already high up in the sky. Which means she had been in there the whole morning and still came out with no definite answer. Rather, she became more confused with the answers she received.

"I'll make sure he's punished. Apart from that I'm sorry it wasn't much help." Said the officer as he walked her out. She shook her head to disagree. " you did what you can. I appreciate your service."

Lugh, a gangster she just talked to a few minutes ago. One of the man who chased her to death, had given her answers she hadn't expected to hear.