He smelled so good, a combination of soap and musky scent. Hmm...smells so heavenly, totally a man. I was sure he just came out of a shower. He was sweating a bit. I felt the moisture of his shirt on my face.

Finn looked stunned when I told him my name. He was staring at me. The light from his phone helped me see his expression. Did he remember me puking at him?

"I was the girl who threw up on you during the entrance exam. I'm sorry that I never had a chance to apologize to you before. And I'm sorry that you're trapped here with me now."

He was silent. I wondered if he was angry at me. He might think that I was the biggest jinx in his life. I threw up on him, and now, he's trapped in the closet with me.

The light from his phone died out. Everything turned to black again. I can hear Finn's ragged breathing. The silence was so deafening. I was thinking of saying something to break the tension. "Did I ruin your shirt?"

"What?"

"Your shirt, that one I vomited on, was it ruined?" I asked him.

"Not really, just had some stubborn stain that won't come off."

"I'm sorry. I'll replace it with a new one."

"No... No... It's okay. You don't have to." I heard him say. His voice seemed so tense.

"Please, I insist. We could buy it together, so you could choose the kind of shirt you like."

He was silent again. After a few seconds, he asked. "When?"

"Hmm...how about next weekend?"

"Sure! I'll...I'll...text you." Finn stammered. "Is...is...it okay? I mean, can I text you anytime? Or call you?" He asked me again.

"Yup, it's fine. But better text me first before calling." I told him to text me first before calling because I don't want him calling me in the middle of a family occasion or event. My parents would be curious as to who was calling me and assume that I was in a relationship.

"Okay, I'll remember that." I heard him laugh a little. He seemed happy now and relaxed. At last he was talking again. It was really awkward when he fell silent instantly a while ago.

"By the way, my name is Finn." He introduced himself.

"I know."

"You know me? Since when?" He asked me, making me confused. It seemed like he could not believe I knew him.

"Since the first week of school. Kelly told us about you, her first cousin."

He laughed. "I hope she told you only the good things about me."

I laughed with him. Then he suddenly said. "I can't believe my luck, being here with you."

"What?" I was surprised with what he said. Did he just say that he finds himself lucky being trapped in the closet with me?

"I mean... Why are we here? Why did you allow your friends to trap you in the closet with me?"

"I told you. This is their birthday surprise for me."

"Sorry, I forgot. Happy birthday, Nina." He greeted me.

"Thanks."

"So, you're sixteen now?"

"Yes. How old are you, Finn?" I asked him back.

"I turned seventeen last month."

"Oh, I see."

"But I still don't get it. What's the main objective of this birthday surprise?" He insisted.

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth. Experience, that's one objective of our group. The E-Girls, I mean." I told him honestly. Then, I heard him chuckle.

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
After ten years, Finn Martins returns to Brazil to destroy his enemy...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 27 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.