Going Home

{Nina Dobrev as Nancy Castillo - point of view}

In the woods, the winding caressing my face, I ran through the endless rows of pine trees. Looking ahead I caught a peek at the red roof of my house and smile as I came closer to it. Once I reached the backyard of my house, I slowed on my pace and turned to see if Damian was following me. As I turned, he jumped on my back knocking both of us on the ground with him knocking the air out of my lungs. 'Damian...get...off me, your...squishing me', I said breathless from the run and his heavy weight on my back. He chuckled while finally lifting his weight off me and ran inside the house through the back door. 'Damian that isn't fair', I yelled angry at him as I got up all muddy and began running after him. Once I stepped inside the odor of vanilla embraced me which melted all of my anger towards my Best Friend. I slowly closed the door behind me and walked towards the kitchen. I was entering the kitchen door, when I saw my mother washing dishes and my father had his arms wrapped around her waist massaging her 4 month pregnant belly. A smile crept on my lips as I watched how loving they were to one another. I walked towards them, 'Hi Daddy, Hi Mommy!', I chirped as I hugged both of their legs. I looked up and saw them both smiling down at me as my dad reaches down to pick me up in his arms. 'Hello Sweety', my father replied giving me a kiss on the cheek. 'I love you daddy and you too mommy', I said smiling happily at both of my parents. 'We Lo.....'

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.....

I shoot open my eyes, glaring at the annoying alarm clock and quickly turn it off. I lay in bed for a couple second and stare at the ceiling of my dorm. Finally, making up my mind and mentally reminding myself that no one could ruin this day, I quickly start to get up. I folded the baby blue blanket that I found in one my suitcases when I first moved here. I had been rummaging through my things last night as I was trying to find my white long-sleeve shirt that I wanted to wear later today. My mother had always made sure I had everything I needed before moving to the U.S. to study architecture.

I set the blanket down on my bed and look at the time on my phone my eyes widen, "I am going to be late." I rushed to the bathroom, to take a super quick shower.

After about 5 minutes in the shower, wrapping a towel, and walking straight to my super small walk-in closet to retrieve my outfit for today. I swear my eyes began to tear a little as I lay eyes on my dress hanging in my closet.

Slowly taking it off the hanger, and slipping it on as I felt the silky fabric envelope my body perfectly. I couldn't help but smile at myself as I looked in the mirror. That smile slowly faced and a panic one replaced it as I have not done my makeup and hair.

I rushed towards my vanity to do my hair and makeup. I went light on the makeup since I didn't really need much and I had no time to waste. As for my hair I used my hair drier and applied some anti-frizz 24 hour protection syrum from Neutrogena. This added volume and shine to my wave hair.

Once done with my hair. I walked back to my walk-in closet and took out my brand new pair of black heels. Putting them on and walking back to check my outfit on the 5'5 mirror hanging on my wall. As I looks at myself from head to toe, I was content as to how I looked for being on a time crunch.

 As I looks at myself from head to toe, I was content as to how I looked for being on a time crunch