Father Vs Son

As the ships above Ula fought one another Mason marched through his Father's ship. He had been tasked with killing his Father and destroying this ship. As he and his troop marched on they were continuously attacked by Locks' men. By the time he got to the bridge he had lost all but two of his men.

"I want you two to set the explosives on the ships core then get out of here."  Mason ordered them.

"What about you?" One of them asked.

"Don't worry about me." Mason said. "Now go!"

Mason watched them leave then looked at the door leading to the bridge. Behind this door was the man he once looked up to. The man who picked him up after he fell on his bike and said, "If you fail once then succeeding the second time makes it sweeter and the third time just as sweet."

He slowed his breathing then when to the door's key pad. After putting in the code to open the door he looked to see the man he once cared for. General Locks his father.

"So it's you then," Locks said. "They send my own son to kill me."

"No," Mason said. "I was asked to kill you but they told me if I couldn't do it they could find someone else. If any one should kill you...it's going to be me."

"Think about what your doing." Locks said.

"I have." Mason said allowing his tears to fall. As the did he charged his Father. He went for a punched, but it was deflected and was responded by a punch in the gut. Fighting through the pain Mason swept his Father's legs out from under him.

Locks landed on his back causing the wind to get knocked out of him. Mason went to kick him but his father rolled out of the way. After regaining his breath he launched a series of punches at Mason forcing him back.

Mason caught on of his Father's punches gripped his arm. He then bent  his arm over his shoulder until it broke. Screaming in pain Locks kicked his son in the back and began nursing his broken arm.

"I'll make you pay for that." Locks said followed by a few curse words. "I'll kill you!"

He charged forward with a knife he had hidden under his sleeve. Mason dodged his Father's attack but felt a sudden sting on his check.  He felt his check and it was wet. Look at his hand Mason saw his crimson color blood.

"Come on Mason," Locks growled. "Let daddy show you how a man fights."

Mason reached into his own sleeve to pull out a knife. Like Father, like son as they say. Both charged each other and clashed their blades together. Sparks filled the air as their knife met. Mason kick at his Father after trying to cut his neck. Locks blocked it with his broken arm then went to cut him with his knife. The knife cut through the air and missed Mason only by inches. This was going to be tough.

*********************************************************

The two men Mason had sent to blow up the ship had finished placing their explosives and were heading back to their ship. They had set the bombs to go off in two minutes and would wait as long as they could for their leader.

As they arrived at the hanger a squad of enemy foot soldiers arrived. They were blocking the way to the shuttle. Nodding to each other they opened fire on the enemy troops. As shot zoomed pass them the one said, "I hope Mason's doing alright."

"Don't worry." The other man said. "If I know him he should be on his way right about now."

*********************************************************

Mason dodged another attack from his Father and responded with a quick jab. He was quick on his feet giving him an advantage over his Father, but Locks had plenty of stamina to keep up. As another punch blew by Mason cut his Father's arm making the General scream curse words.

Mason then went to break his Father's leg by kicking it, but only seem to make Locks flinch. Locks kick back at his son hitting him in the face. The knife that had been in Mason's hand slid across the floor and fell down a vent.

"Well fuck!" Mason yelled getting up and dodging more attacks.

"Looks like your disarmed." Locks laughed.

"Your one to talk floppy." Mason said pointing at his Father's broken arm that seemed to bend in ever direction.

"You think your funny?!" Locks yelled in anger.

"It's one of my best traits." Mason said kick his Father's leg again.

Locks roared in anger and threw his knife at Mason. It flew past Mason's face and landed in the wall across the room.

"You've been disarmed again, one arm." Mason joked around causing his Father to get even angrier."

In a fit of rage Locks charged again. Mason ducked from the coming attack and kick his Father leg one last time. This time the leg broke and Locks fell to the ground screaming in pain. He tried to crawl away, but he was trapped. Mason went to his Father's knife and pulled it out of the wall. He approached the broken retreating man and held him down. Locks struggled but his son held him still and placed the knife to his Father's throat. With one final good-bye Mason slit his Father's throat letting his blood flow out like water.

Mason through the knife away and went to leave the bridge. Suddenly the ship shifted as the bombs at the core went off. He quickly ran towards the hanger where his men were waiting. They had killed the enemy troops and were ready to go.

"Set course for the fleet." Mason said. "We leave the rest to you Noah, Marcus."

Their ship shot out of the hanger as it was engulfed in flames. General Locks and his fleet were destroyed, but the Creator was still at large.