The Battle For Ula

Marcus was sitting in his Golem making sure everything worked right and Angel was sitting on his lap. As he finished playing with his auto aiming computer Angel wrapper her hand around his.

"Are you scared?" She asked.

Marcus could feel her hands shaking. He took her hand and gentle kissed it. Marcus looked her dead in the eyes and kissed her forehead, then her check, and last her lips.

"I'm not afraid," Marcus told her. "Because your right next to me."

"Well I'm afraid," She told him as a tear came down her face. "I don't care if I die, but if I lose you then..."

"Hey," Marcus said causing her to stop talking. "I'm not going to die. Even if I do I'll always be in your heart."

"I know," Angel said trying to stop crying. "But I want you to be by my side, not just in my heart."

"All pilots to their Golems." A voice called out. "Landing begins in five minutes."

"I'll be find," Marcus told her. "And you'll be fine. Now get going."

Angel and Marcus kissed one more time before she went to get in her Golem. Marcus watched her leave and he only wished their kiss could have lasted longer. After strapping in to his Golem Old Cyclone was lifted into it's bullet pod.

"Alright team," Leger said. "When we land meet up and we'll begin pushing up the mountain. It is the largest point of the planet and it's were the fleets are fighting."

"Sir, yes sir." They all said.

Marcus felt the supports under his pod give way. It felt as if his stomach was going to come out of his body. He waited for the pod to his the ground. The pod hit the ground with a bang, causing everything inside to vibrate.

"Everyone out of their pods?" Leger asked.

"Negative," Marcus called out as he keep hitting the eject button for the pod. "My pod wont eject."

"I see your pod." Dominic said. "I'll get you out kid."

Watching from the Golem Marcus saw a large blade cut through his pod. It formed a X slash in Marcus' pod and then peeled it back to make an opening. Marcus shielded his eyes from the bright sun. When his eye sight cleared up he saw Dominic's Golem putting out his hand.

"Give me your hand!" He shouted.

Suddenly Marcus' pod shifted and began moving. Marcus reached out with his Golem and was lifted from his pod. He looked back to see the ground below the pod give way and the pod fell into lava.

"This fucking Mountain's a live Volcano!" Marcus yelled.

"Sure is." Dominic laughed standing Marcus' Golem up. "Come on kid."

They marched off to where they were meant to meet the others. Right now they were at the bottom of the Volcano and had to fight their way up. Huddled under a rock formation their team was waiting for them.

"Enjoy your selves?" Leger asked.

"I already want of this damn rock." Marcus said.

"Now your talking like a soldier." Leger laughed. "I hate every rock I'm told to fight on. Well the faster we win this battle the faster we can leave."

"Enemy forces in bound!" Another Golem pilot shouted before being shot.

"Alright team," Leger shouted. "Fire at will!"

Marcus leveled his riffle that was given to every Golem and opened fire on the incoming enemy troops. The battle for Ula and the Galaxy had begun.

********************************************************

"General Locks," A man said to the caretaker of Marcus. "The reinforcements from the Academy have arrived."

"Good," Locks smiled. "Are the bombs in place?"

"Yes sir." The man said.

"Exultant," Locks laughed. "The Creator will be pleased. Ready my ship for take off."

The man saluted and left the General who gazed his eyes to the the battle below. His ships and the Union ships had been engaged in battle every sense he had arrived on this planet, but soon it will all be over and he will be immortal.

***************************************************

Noah watched as his fleet got ready to take off. He looked in his hands to admire the Katana he had been trained with back on earth in Japan. Once Mark had a similar sword, but it was lost after he had joined the confederacy. Noah placed the weapon at his side and went to his Star Ship.

"Let's get under way." Noah said sitting at the captain's chair. "Tell the fleet to move out."

"Sir," Some one called. "Should we activate are sleeper agents?"

"Yes," Noah told him. "No let us hurry. We have on shot at this. May God be with us all."

The fleet shot forward through space heading for Ula. Only there was another Ship heading for Ula. The Flag Ship belonging to The Creator himself. Inside was the Creator himself and his second in Command Mary.

She wore her military uniform with a Katana at her side. It was the same Katana once used by Mark. She had taken it upon his death at the hands of their follower Locks. A part of her died that day but she believed she could get it back.

"We will arrive soon, Creator" Mary said kneeling before the hooded figure.

"Very good Mary." The said, almost hissed. "Your loyalty wont go unrewarded. I promise you will have your love again."

Mary nodded an left the room. She went to the bridge and waited for Ula to come into view. She pulled out an old photo of herself, Mark, and Noah with their Golems. A tear fell down her check and she brushed it off. It was to late for regrets now.