"Apologies. There hasn't been much time for a bath on my journey," I murmured.

Your journey has indeed been long but do not fear. I believe the Ellion had made an attempt to joke with you. You have no smell, as is the way of your people. To make sure your enemies can not track you. A deep voice rumbled through my brain. To say my jaw hit the ground was an understatement. It went straight through the ground all the way to hell and back out the other side of the opposite end of the planet. The stag tossed its head as it made its way towards me. It towered of me by at least a foot and a half. Mind you I am not short by any means but damn the height of the thing was immense. Do you know who I am?

"Umm... No? Should I?"

I was the one that brought you back to this realm. You are important. The stag said as he circled me. I was completely mesmerised. You are very beautiful too. Your eyes glowing embers, fire burns behind them. Mischievous but wise.

At that moment I felt fingertips brush against my wrist and I looked at them in shock before looking up at Maedhros. I ignored him before looking back at the stag. "Why didn't you let me die?"

You are important. I cannot allow you to die. You have a role to play. I heard an eagle screech and the Stag looked up. You will feel sorrow and pain before you are allowed back into Valinor.

"Valinor?" I asked with a cock of my head.

Another eagle screech sounded above us and the stag turned to leave. I can give you no more, child. Your journey is yours to take. I will always be close by. Just call upon the wind and I shall come.

I was silent for a moment then flinched when Maedhros touched my wrist again. "Sorry," I chuckled half-heartedly glancing at him to find concern swirling in his gaze. "Was in my own little world..." I rubbed my wrist close to my chest as I turned from him. That stag hadn't only been talking in my mind. He had been going through my memories too. Some weren't too... happy. I turned from Maedhros shaking all my thoughts to the air. "Let's go."

I took a few steps before a strong grip pulled me back and turned me around. I looked at Maedhros' calm, expressionless face with shock. "What did it say to you?"

"Something about me being too important to die and that it would be a long time before I could go to Valinor. Wherever that is..."

Maedhros' grip loosened with his expression. "Valinor is the land of Eternity. The Immortal Lands. The place where all Elves came from. My homeland before I left. The land of my people."

"The Immortal Lands... If you came from such a place why would you leave it?"

"Leave it? We were banished." Maedhros sighed.

"Banishment!" I cried out as if in an AHA! moment. Maedhros stared at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. Why do you care what the stag told me?"

He searched my eyes for a moment. "Because I was curious... and worried. You asked it why it didn't let you die... Do you wish for death?"

I snorted. "No one merely just wishes to die without cause. I am grateful to be given a second chance." I looked up at the sky.

"You're lying."

"Believe what you want grandpa. It doesn't matter to me," I shrugged turning towards the sound of Kalanlyn's voice that I had just noticed was still calling out for me. Celegorms's voice had joined him though he was calling for his brother and not me. Maedhros settled into silence. I noticed after some time that he kept a lot closer to me than before and to be honest it had been happening since we began this journey. It seemed everyday that we traveled he got closer and closer to me. It kind of warmed my heart, I don't know why.