4.井の中の蛙大海を知らず-I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu

Mulai dari awal

"Move you idiot!" He yelled at the Uzumaki. The blonde looked up before screeching and diving out of the way just in time. My foot made contact with the earth, shattering it with a force that created a mini crater.

Once the dust settled, leaving me standing in the crater with a smirk. I saw Naruto shaking and glancing from me to the crater.

"T-that was close, dattebayo..."

I clicked my tongue, turning to the Uchiha and looking him up and down. "You are weak as well. Hardly strong enough to kill Itachi." The look in his eyes darkened as he charged at me wielding a kunai. Oh, definitely struck a nerve there.

I easily evaded all his attacks, humming and stuffing my hands in my pockets. This seemed to piss him off enough to actually think about how he could possibly land a hit. Yawning, I waited for the little Uchiha to form a plan.

He smirked, launching at me again. I rolled my eyes as we engaged at a fast paced taijutsu fight. Well, fast for him, slow for me. I briefly wondered what he could possibly have up his sleeve. Could he actually land a hit on me? Hmm...

He suddenly jumped back, weaving fast signs for what I recognized to be the fireball jutsu the Uchiha clan specialized in. Quickly making a move to get away, I realized something had grabbed my ankles. I glanced down to see the arm warmers Sasuke wore and small hands latched onto my ankles tight.

"Headhunter jutsu. Hmm."

I tilted my head up to feel the incoming heat the fireball produced and smirked again. I disappeared in a burst of...dust? The fireball hit and everyone covered their eyes.

Had they finally got me?

They all scrambled to see, only... There was nothing. Just sparkling dust.

"What?! You totally got her that time, dattebayo!"

Sasuke was immediately on guard, sharingan activated and searching. I just sighed, appearing behind them.

"A valiant attempt, but still weak." I remarked, arms crossed over my chest. I was disappointed to see Sakura cowering away, but admiring Sasuke. I thought she could do something—she definitely could use that brain of hers and beat me. Maybe.

The three genin stood there, glaring. "Show me you can be strong, then I'll consider you worthy. We meet tomorrow at the same time. You are dismissed."

I turned immediately and strode away, my lips set in a thin line. It wasn't long before Kakashi was walking beside me, book still open in his hand. We walked in silence through the village, but rather slowly.

"You didn't have to be so rough with them, they're good kids." He turned the page, eye set upon me. "Good kids, yes. Strong? Not so much. They wouldn't last one day out there." I replied, stopping at a stand selling little trinkets. The man with gravity defying hair stopped as well, book finally put away.

"They fought Momochi Zabuza and survived. Outsmarted him even. They're strong in their own ways." Kakashi informed, watching as I picked up an old looking briefcase and inspected it. When I didn't answer he continued. "Sakura is brilliant. One of the smartest genin of the batch. Sasuke lost his entire clan—he is quick witted and unbelievably talented. Naruto... He had no parents and refuses to be put down because of it. Tell me, how does that not make them strong?"

I paused in my task, putting it down gently.

"I already knew all of those things, Kakashi. I have no doubt in my mind that they are all those things. But that doesn't mean they can handle what happens in the real world. They. Are. Not. Strong." I replied, buying the old briefcase and turning to the jounin. His lazy eye studied me before he sighed.