"And for me?" she asked quietly.

"For you, it's the opposite. They'll tear you apart. You're an unknown who suddenly bagged Hollywood's most eligible bachelor. To them you're a threat, a parasite. The paparazzi will look for anyway to expose you as a thief of Cameron's heart. They'll even go as far as to make up stories just to keep the gossip going."

Mikayla's frown deepened. She pulled away from Daxton. "See, honesty is depressing."

He laughed. "There is some good news."

"What?"

"They won't find anything on you. They'll dig and dig but all they'll discover is that you're a model citizen who Cameron adores. It'll not only make Cameron look even better but, you'll also give others hope. People will look at you and believe that they also have a shot with a celebrity. You'll be adored by millions."

"I'm not sure I like any of what you're saying."

"Look Mikayla," he reached for her hands. "You're giving up more than Cameron and its admirable what you've agreed to do. So long as you stay true to yourself and you don't let the rumors and gossip get to you. Well, I can guarantee you a time you'll never forget."

She grinned at his words. "You're that certain."

"I'm positive. I just need you to remember that we're in this together. You're not alone."

"Thanks Daxton."

~~***~~

The week flew past quickly. For the first time in six years, Mikayla wasn't looking forward to returning to work. She loved her job. She loved teaching and spending time with resilient and strong young people. But Mikayla was starting to love spending time with Daxton more. It was an odd feeling; one she'd never experienced before. Mikayla loved her family. She adored her nieces and nephews but, she'd never met someone she wished to spend every waking minute with.

Daxton had somehow messed with her head. Mikayla worried that he was very close to messing with her heart too.

"Are you sure you're up for work?" asked Daxton for the seventh time. Since waking up it had been all he'd said to her. He was concerned, she understood that. The crowd outside their home had only dissipated to ten photographers. It was an improvement but, they'd wished for a total of zero. Mikayla was hesitant to return to work knowing she was still a hot topic but, she couldn't disappoint her boss and her kids.

Mikayla pulled her handbag up her shoulder higher. She smiled gently at Daxton. "I don't have much of a choice Daxton."

"Call in sick."

She laughed. "I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"They know all about me and Cameron. They'll know I'm faking it." She took three steps until she was near him. "I'll be fine. You've got Benny driving me there, so I'll be fine."

Daxton harrumphed grumpily. "It would be better if I was there."

"Yes well, you're the one who agreed it would look too suspicious." Without warning, Daxton's lips were suddenly forceful on hers. His arms wrapped around her waist as his tongue delved deeper into her mouth. He consumed all of her. He eventually pulled away with a pant, and Mikayla was left feeling delirious. "What was that for?" she asked breathlessly.

"Something to remember me by." She could hear his smirk. She shook her head and stepped away.

"I'll see you later." She turned towards the door and allowed Benny to escort her to the waiting car. Mikayla was nervous about returning to work but there was some excitement that bubbled within her too. She'd always been referred to as the quiet and meek teacher. Her students enjoyed her classes, but the adults often found her boring. What a shock it must be for them to find out about her engagement.

When Benny pulled up towards her school, Mikayla was confused when her door wouldn't unlock. "Benny," she called to him hesitantly.

"Just hang tight Miss Hudson. There's a crowd of photographers at your school. Your headmaster said to wait here until the police can clear them away."

"They're outside the school?" she called out in shock. "What about the children?"

"That's why the police were called. It's a danger. Don't worry. It shouldn't be much longer." Mikayla frowned. She didn't like this at all. "Okay, looks like we're all good to go. I'll escort you inside."

"You don't have to."

"I do. Mr. Daxton said I should."

Mikayla smiled at that. "Of course, he did." Daxton always worried too much. Mikayla let Benny escort her gently inside through the back entrance. Her headmaster was the first to greet her.

"Mikayla there you are." said Mr. Crawley happily. He was always a cheerful man though he had a scary stern side. His wife was blind and so was their daughter. He's always been passionate about helping learners with disabilities. He was an understanding man and a great boss. Mikayla was sure that if it were anyone else running the school, she'd have been fired after the issue that morning.

"I'm so sorry about the photographers," she said quickly.

"Oh goodness, don't apologize. It isn't your fault they have no common decency within themselves." answered Mr. Crawley. Mikayla smiled at him. "The police handled it quite well. I don't think we'll be having anymore issues."

"Thank goodness," said Mikayla with a sigh of relief.

"Now, let's get the day started, shall we?" Mikayla nodded excitedly. She was looking forward to returning.

~~***~~

The day had been a long one for Mikayla, but she had enjoyed being back more than she thought she would. She had missed Daxton, but her day had been busy enough to distract her thoughts. Her kids were excited to see her and had plenty questions about the rumors. As Mikayla had anticipated, the staff had wanted all her attention. Mikayla remembered quickly how much she despised everyone's attention. It left her skin prickling.

Benny was outside the school ready to meet her when four o'clock came. He had his hand on her arm as he led her towards the SUV Daxton had loaned. When he stretched forward to open her door, Mikayla felt her skin prickle. She stood still in anticipation and fear.

Soon after, the clicking and shouting began. Benny's voice joined in with the others but it was all muffled for Mikayla. She felt bodies closing in on her and questions being yelled obnoxiously into her ears. She stumbled towards the door but something pulled her back. She turned around quickly and gasped when an arm wrapped around her bicep.

"Just one interview Mikayla." A voice said. It was male and deep. She shivered unpleasantly and pulled her arm away. She pulled too hard and fell heavily into the door of the SUV. Her head hit the window and pain shot through quickly.

"Let's go," Benny suddenly said from beside her. The door behind her opened and she was quickly pushed into the car and the door was slammed behind her. Banging appeared against her window and Mikayla jumped. Her hands started to shake. Her hands gripped her ears as she tried to block out the noise.

Their yelling continued.

She heard the driver door open and close. She froze. "Are you alright?" asked Benny.

Mikayla sighed in relief. "Just drive," she said quickly.