Remus Lupin x Slytherin!Reader (pandaisbored's Request)

Start from the beginning

"You can end this rivalry. We can end it. Together," he said and hugged you. "Besides, I'll stay by your side no matter what James will say."

...

"Are you serious, Moony?" asked James and shook his head in disbelief. "You got together with this?"

Remus was so angry he started trembling. "Her name is (Y/n). And we love each other."

"Right," started James, "as if a (Y/l/n) would be capable of love. Loving your jests, Moony, but quit joking."

You tore your hand away from Remus' and looked at Potter. "I thought I could do this. However, it's obvious now that I never even had a chance."

You pulled Remus aside and whispered to him with a sad expression on your face, "I'm sorry. I love you, but I can't watch you lose your friends because of me."

Ever since that you avoided Remus everywhere. You couldn't bear the thought of him losing James since you knew how much he meant to Remus. You missed him terribly every single day and it hurt you deeply when he tried to talk to you and you'd just walk away from him. A lot of Slytherins had already despised you for getting together with Lupin and after your 'breakup', some of them approached you to approve of your decision. You'd just hang your head, mutter an answer and walk away. You'd still loved Remus and your love only got deeper with every passing day.

...

"(Y/l/n)."

You looked up and saw James Potter casually sitting down next to you in the library. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed nervously. "I mean... (Y/n). Hi."

"Hello," you replied curtly and went back to reading your book. James took it from you and closed it.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I wasn't aware of the fact that we were on speaking terms," you admitted honestly.

"I just wanted to know why you broke up with Remus," said James. "Because ever since you did, he's not the same. I had to realize that he really loves you. He can't go on without you."

"So now you care about him?" you asked.

"I always did..."

You raised your eyebrows. "Really? Do you want to know why I left him? Because I still love him as well and I'd give anything to have him back."

"I'm listening."

"I left him because of you!" you whisper-yelled at him and leaned closer. "I couldn't bear the thought of him losing you - one of his best friends - because of me!"

James sat in silence for a couple of minutes. He then looked at you and said, "Then come back to him."

You shook your head. "Like you'd let me."

"I'm asking you. I'm..." he stopped and looked around before continuing, "... I'm sorry, okay? I never gave you a chance because of who you are. But I'm willing to do so now, because Moony needs you."

...

Remus wiped away a single tear from the corner of his eye with the sleeve of his knitted sweater. He hated missing you, it made him feel weak. But that was the truth. He felt weak after you left. He turned a page in his book and continued reading in the Great Hall.

"You ain't eating?" asked Peter with a mouth full of food.

"Not hungry," came the short reply.

"Merlin's beard..."

Remus looked up at Peter. "What?"

Peter only pointed at the entrance. You and James came walking in, side by side, arguing about something. Remus raised an eyebrow and muttered "fuck".

...

"Just kiss him."

"Kiss him?" you asked. "Are you mad? You think he'd want to kiss me after what I did to him? After I avoided him for weeks?"

"That's what I'd do," said James and smirked as you entered the Great Hall. You slapped the back of his head.

"We have to tell him you and I are not going to fight anymore," you began, "and that we're sorry and we both care for him and-"

"So just go and kiss him!" shouted James and threw his hands up in frustration.

You glared at him. "Is that how you tell a girl you love her?"

"Pretty much."

"Did it work on Evans?"

"She'll succumb to my charm, you'll see and-"

"What's the meaning of this?"

"Moony!" James exclaimed and whipped around. "(Y/n) and I were just looking for you! Now kiss!"

"James," you hissed sternly through your gritted teeth, "Remus sees we're on speaking terms, let me explain the rest to him."

"Fuck that, I mean come here," Remus said quickly and pulled you in for a kiss. When you parted, he looked at you with curiosity in his eyes. "Okay, now you can explain."

(A/n: Currently in love with swearing Remus. Thanks pandaisbored for the request, keep 'em coming guys!! ❤
Vote and comment!)