~8~ Maybe and Or'sir

Începe de la început

"Am I making myself understood?" His little midgety eyes glare up menacingly at me, as if. 

"Oh yeah, you're under standing, bro." I drawl slowly, to emphasize just how under me he is standing.

"In the future, the appropriate response is, 'Yes Mr. Dyuvetter or sir'. Now find an open seat if you can ...or I will assign one for you right in front of me." He sneers hopeful.   

It's clear to me as winter water that this guy isn't just not cool all, he's a total little tyrant. A judgment which is reinforced by the circlet of empty desks right in the front of him. Cause apparently no one likes this guy, not even the regular ass kissers and bully-victims want any part of this little Midgitler's front row don't-touch-me-there spots.  

"Right ...Or'sir ....got it." I drawl even longer this time, to make the point that I will not be intimidated by the mini man.  

I am only saved from further pointless conversation when a dazed Hazer wanders in the door, even more confused than I am. Or'sir is immediately frothing at the mouth in tardy outrage and already waiving his angry orange detention pad at the poor hazy blazer. Alas poor Front Row Freddy never even knew what hit him as he gets nailed with a tardy slip, Then is firmly ensconced in the coveted front row center seat for the duration of his stay in Hell.  

As I fade away from poor Front Row Freddy's fall from grace, I give a quick glance around the room looking for a spot to call my own. Of course, the prime backdoor corner is a big "no go bro", having already been locked down by jockstraps in leathers. The coven of Blaze and Haze has snatched up the back corner next to the windows, probably hoping to air out. So I opt for a room with a view, along the long row of windows on the sunny side of the room. And as far away as possible from Or'sir as I can get. Where I might even get lucky and be able to catch the sunrise in the winter months.

Drifting over to the wall of window seats, I chance a glance down the row and glimpse a vaguely familiar, or at least a familiar pair of uber dark nightshades. And even more fortunately for me, an empty spot to call my very own.

"Now what are the karmic odds of that?" I intone to no one.   

So I slip-slide my way across the tiles to the glass row and towards her grace. And sure enough ensconced firmly in the fifth chair back from the front, sitting stiffly upright and doing her stone-cold stare down thing, in all her feisty glory...is the Maybe girl.

I would recognize this girl's grim visage anywhere. Especially seeing that she is still rocking the same Sith shades and the bulky hoodie look from our first meet and greet on the Annex bleachers. She looks almost exactly the same as the last time I lay eyes on her, save that her midnight black hair is sporting a new short pixie cut, which shows off her pointy elfinine ears.  

So I slip down the shiny tiles and up the row to swoop up my new spot, and I say the only thing a fool like me can say to the Queen of May.

"Maybe, this seat taken by nobody?" I announce cleverly, dropping anchor on my new spot. But instead of the slicing smile I was going for, she scowls the nightshades slowly up at me. 

"Don't you mean, is this seat taken by anyone? As in the seat, I'm currently occupying? Or some other chair that I can't possibly see?" She tattoo taps the bloody red end of her folded Shaolin nunchucks on the desk to emphasize the obvious.  

"Oh right, I forgot that you're blazing blind." I slip into my new spot tentatively.

"Obviously." She sighs and turns away to ignore my presence. 

This new no-nonsense grim version of May catches me up short. It starts to dawn on me, that not only do I not know this strange girl outside of a single odd conversation over two weeks ago? So it might not be wise to play clever cleaver with her on the first day. At least not until I'm sure she's feeling me up for another round of the darkside fun at my expense.