Ch. 23

holy shiz guys i mean 27K READS ARE YOU INSANE now i feel bad for not updating in ages (ok i always feel bad for that) but hey it's summer i go places and let my cousin drive me nuts whenever I'm not letting him fanboy over Teen Wolf smh

**WADE**

I knew I should have thought this date more through. My eye took some time to heal, so Peter started nervously pacing around the room mumbling to himself. I was watching him in amusement as he stressed about hurting me, but then I noticed his cheek was wet, and suddenly his anxiety wasn't adorably amusing anymore.

"God fucking dammit," he sighed, and bit his lip as he turned his face away from me.
I stood up and made my way over to him, and wiped the tear from his face.

"Dude, I told you; I'm fine," I reassured him, but he was shaking his head.

"I knew I shouldn't have even picked that gun up," he whispered, staring at the weapon which was still laying on the ground where he'd dropped it. I tried to reach for his hands, but he was frantically pulling at his sleeves and wiping his face.

This wasn't about shooting me, was it?

"That uncle of yours," I mumbled, remembering when he'd told me about his dead uncle. "He was shot, wasn't he?" Peter stayed quiet for a long time, before he sniffled and nodded.

"Yeah," he croaked. "By a man I could have stopped." I closed my eyes and cursed myself for not thinking about that when I forced him to shoot.

"Pete, I'm so sorry," I whispered, and wrapped him in a hug. He suddenly felt so small, so fragile. I didn't mean to trigger any bad memories, let alone make him blame himself again for something that wasn't is fault.

"Don't even try to tell me it wasn't my fault," he warned, wiggling out of my grip. Despite his bloodshot eyes and puffy cheeks, he looked more serious than he sounded.
"You weren't there. I blame myself for good reasons."

I decided not to argue with him, but rather make him forget about it. That was my speciality after all; not having deep conversations about scary feelings I tried to avoid, but having fun. Laughter is the key to happiness.

"Okay, well, this date ain't over yet. Gimme your phone." Reluctantly, he handed me his phone, and we sat down in the couch.

"We're going for a hunt," I smirked, and he looked me dead in the eye, no amusement showing.

"No," he said. "Wade, I swear to god, if you play that-"

"Just downloaded it for you!"

"Wade!" he tried to get the phone out of my hands, but I just leaned away from him, until he eventually fell on top of me in the couch and still couldn't get the phone.

I was in the middle of creating his character when he snapped the device away from me, and I looked at him with one and a half eye. Curse those web shooters.

"I'm never pla-I don't have purple hair," he said, and I looked at the screen from over his shoulder, as I rested my arm on the back of the couch, and he sat slightly on the edge.

He changed his character so that it looked more like him, and before I knew it he was playing the game.

"You were saying?" I teased, and he just growled.

"Let's go be fake pokèmon trainers!" I chirped, and grabbed his hand as well as my phone as we headed outside. In my hurry I didn't even think about putting on a hoodie, and just walked out in bright daylight with nothing but jeans and a T-shirt, too engulfed in Peter and the mobile app to pay attention to the stares people were giving me.

"The fuck is that?" I mumbled, as my phone vibrated, and some weird creature popped up on my screen.

"IT'S ON YOUR HEAD!" Peter yelled, and bursted out laughing. I was too distracted by how adorable he looked with a wide grin on his face, and his eyes focused on his phone, as he tried to catch whatever was on my head, to even register that I should be doing the same thing. Catching the damn thing.

We walked around the town for god knows how long, holding hands and hunting fantasy monsters, and I found more and more adorable traits with him. Like the way he had to have his thumb over mine when we held hands, and how he looked up from his screen when a pokèmon appeared, as if he expected it to be right there in front of him, and how the smile never left his face for the rest of the evening. Especially when he leveled up, and fist bumped the air in victory. I barely caught any pokèmons for myself, because I was too busy staring at him instead.

<Oh, snap out of it>
"Nah," I said. Peter barely looked at me, knowing I was talking to myself again, but not bothering to ask about it. I loved how he could overlook my insanity.
[Is the great Deadpool in love]
<I do think he is>
(Shhhh, he doesn't know it yet!)
"Oh, but I think I do," I mumbled. Then I pushed Peter in a fountain.

"WADE!" he shrieked, holding his phone up to make sure it didn't get wet. I took it from him and put it away, as I smirked at him from where I stood. All dry.
He stood up and glared at me, his brown hair getting in his eyes as the water dripped from his soaked clothes. The look on his face kind of reminded me of an anime, and that only made me laugh harder.

"At least help me up, dickhead," he pleaded, and held out his hands. I knew I shouldn't trust him, but I also couldn't say no to those pleading eyes. He looked like a goddamn slow loris again!

So, I grabbed his hands, only for him to pull me in with him, and I stumbled into his arms as he laughed.

"I gotchu," he mumbled, and I looked up at him.

"My hero," I sighed, batting my eyelashes. He just chuckled, and helped me stand up more straight.

[Lol you said straight]

"Thanks, Wade," he finally said, after he had stared at me for like an hour and made me feel like art. "This was a great first date in the end."

Then he kissed me, and I put a finger in the air to those who were walking by.

*****

I SWEAR I'M NOT POKÈMON GO TRASH i just like pokèmon ok and that game turned out to be a really good one plus I have a vaporeon get out of my face I'm happy

Anyways, hope you stuck by sincle last chapter for this one, I don't even know how long it's been...but, like I said; summer. Hope you liked it at least xD