Armadillo

It was a long ride for the three bandits heading into the small town, their horse's hooves made small dust clouds beneath them as they made their way down the trail. The hot desert sun was high in the afternoon sky and glared at the gang, nipping at any exposed skin. By the time the town could be seen, any kind of drink seemed like heaven to them. It wouldn't be cold, but hell it would be something to help their desperate thirst. 

"Christ, almost forgot how damn hot it got here." Roger said as he wiped some sweat off of his brow with his sleeve. 

"We're almost there, then we'll have to wait for the boys to come back. It'll give us time to rest and get something to drink, a little bit of whisley sounds great about now." Jesse nodded, looking towards Ollie who's jaw was clenched. Suddenly a the blonde's eyes widened as a knot formed in her stomach, she'd completely forgotten that alcohol was the reason why Ollie was in the gang to begin with. He'd lost his wife and son, his farm, everything. Having no where else to go but here, with the gang. Ollie was scared of the idea of drinking, scared that he'd become that man he once was again. Jesse didn't want to say anything more, and a thick silence covered the three riders. Ollie's drinking was a sensitive topic, and it was best to leave it untouched.

The bandits padded into the small town of Armadillo. It would seem quiet to a foreigner, though in reality it was being over run by other bandits and outlaws, which would often run through the streets and cause havoc. Many of the people were just travelers passing through, stopping at the saloon for a drink and a bed, or outlaws looking for a place to terrorize. Armadillo was just your stereotypical old west town. Quiet on the surface, yet nothing but action to those who really knew it.

The three riders hitched their horses next to each other near the front door where they could be watched with a careful eye. With a heavy breath the horses relaxed, taking a rest from the long journey. Roger and Ollie went into the saloon first, followed closely by Jesse. It drew less attention that way, having a woman who wasn't a whore walk in first would cause stares.

The saloon was filled with the cheerful singing of a piano, which lifted the otherwise dreary looking room. Some men surrounded the tables and bar, while others chased around the prostitutes like hungry dogs. Ollie nodded his head towards an empty wooden table in the back corner of the saloon, which would be perfect to discuss business with in slight privacy. Slowly lowering themselves onto the chairs, which creaked under their weight the gang members relaxed in the seat. Though the building was no where near a cool temperature, it was much more tolerable than outside.

"Christ, the things I would do for a drink." Roger stated as he stretched with a slight yawn as he eyed the bar, then back at Jesse as if he was waiting for her approval. The woman nodded slightly, trying to be careful about showing her authority. Having the wrong man catch her would spark a bar fight.

Roger got up from his chair and walked over to the bar, next to a man in a beige blazer who looked plain annoyed with everything around him. Jessie only rolled her eyes and looked at Ollie, "Still up for more business?" She asked, leaning back in her chair. Ollie was getting old, there was no doubt about it. He often talked about retiring, however he could, and joked about finding a replacement. Though when he talked about a replacement, there was always a slight hint of seriousness in his voice.

"Guess so, Miss McKenney." He chuckled, watching Roger sit down with a bottle of whiskey and two shot glasses. The man also put a mug of water in front of the senior with a light smile. He poured the liquor into the glasses for himself and Jesse, who took it and drank it eagerly, feeling it's warmth tingle as it crawled into her stomach.

"When are the boys comin' back?" Roger asked, lighting a cigarette and taking a few puffs.

The blonde shrugged, she had no idea. She only told them to be back tonight. That could mean at any hour the sun was down. "Comin' sometime at nightfall I guess."