chapter twenty || fireball

The video call finally connected, and Sebastian was grinning at her from the screen. It was strange to put a real face to the person she'd been talking to for two months, and not just rely on stock images from Google.

"Hey Juni," he greeted cheerfully. She giggled and smiled back.

"Hey Sebastian."

"How's space these days?"

"Space is as beautiful as ever," she replied. "How's Earth?"

"Exactly how you remember it." From beside him, Chris wandered into view.

"Hey Juni Moony," he called, shoving Sebastian to the side so he could sit down too. 

"Hey Christopher," Juni laughed. "To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing your ugly face?"

"I just wanted to say hi," Chris frowned. "I didn't come here to be bullied."

"I'm joking, I love you really," Juni mumbled, looking down at her bitten down nails. "What have you been up to recently?"

"Well, I just got back from press junkets for Age of Ultron, the new Avengers film," Chris informed. "Seb isn't in this one."

"Obviously, he's a HYDRA assassin," Juni scoffed. "He's not just magically going to become an Avenger."

Chris looked at Sebastian, then stood up. "I've got errands to run. Talk later, Juni."

"Bye Chris!" Juni replied with a wide smile. Her attention turned back to Sebastian, who was just analysing her face. "What?" She asked when he didn't look away.

"You're really pretty," he observed. She blushed a deep pink and covered her face as she laughed.

"Don't compliment me, I turn into a fireball," she whined. He laughed at her reaction.

He retorted, "Prettiest fireball I've ever seen."