Prologue.

• Dedicated to My Cousin Auriel H.

Sydney POV

2 Year's Later

"Why did this happen?" I thought to myself holding my brother's hand while he lays in the hospital bed sleeping peacefully.

I looked over at my cross bag where the journal happened to be sticking out. I let go of my brother's hand and snag the journal out and flipped through the pages. It was heavily ragged  and stained from two years ago when that strange thing happened. All the recorded memories and events during that horrible time. I still can't believe that thing was after us. It still haunt's me everyday. Feeling like it all happened yesterday. Everything is okay now, I guess. My brother has been in a coma for almost two years since I was able to saved him. I really need to get over it, but I can't when all you want is a normal life again. I'm not sure if I would ever get to have that normalcy again. Not as long as he's in the deep coma.

I kept flipping through the pages recounting the memories, as my eyes filled up with tears. I look over at Matthew, his chest slowly rising as he breathes. Slamming the book shut, I left it in my lap as I grabbed his hands in both of mine.

With tears filling my eyes I mumbled "I wish you would wake up, you need to come back,".

Suddenly, I felt his hand twitch aggressively. My eyes widen in shocked as I left out a gasp.

"Matthew?"