18 | flashy jewelry

Start from the beginning

"I love you too," he smiled and gave me a peck on the lips.

I suddenly remember something, "We haven't told anyone." Not even my own mother.

"Let's wait until the ring gets here," he told me. I nodded and we walked out of the ring store hand in hand.

...(one week later)

Brendon was taking me out to dinner tonight at some fancy restaurant. He just had told me to dress nice.

(What Melanie is wearing)

I decided on a nice dark dress with minimal makeup. I had no idea where we were going, other to "dress nice for dinner."

I stepped out of the tour bus and my eyes met with a long and sleek limousine.

"Mrs. Taylor," a man in a tux appeared and opened up the door for me.

I got in quickly and in the car played songs Brendon had been singing. Nothing that anyone had ever heard of. Him covering love songs. How romantic.

"Where are we going?" I asked the driver as he started the drive.

"Mr. Urie has informed me not to tell you our destination," he told me. I nodded. "You look very beautiful."

"Thank you," I bowed my head.

I sat in silence while we drove, just appreciating the music Brendon had sung. We arrived at a nice restaurant about thirty minutes away.

"Here we are," the driver had opened up the door and I was greeted by flashing lights, paparazzi. Why were they here?

I quickly ran into the restaurant and saw a waiting Brendon. He greeted me and he was wearing a tux.

I saw his red car sitting outside

I saw his red car sitting outside. His baby, Hot Tamale.

"You look stunning," he welcomed me with an embrace.

"So do you," I responded. He looked amazing in his suit.

"Table for two," he called to the hostess. I looked around and I noticed something that I had not noticed before. The entire restaurant was empty. A place like this, people needed to be here. I realized something else, this restaurant was strangely familiar.

"Right this way, Mr. Urie," she told us. We followed her and sat at our table. A candle sat in the middle of the table.

"I didn't know that we were this close to home," I told him. We were at the 50's themed diner.

"Well I think we had to come back, I never did get a chocolate malt," he told me. Flashes of lights leaked through the windows as pictures were taken. "I don't even know where we are half the time on the road either." I nodded in agreement. I

The waitress came over and asked for our order.

"Can I get a chocolate malt with a cheese burger and fries," I asked. She nodded and looked at Brendon.

"I'll get the same thing," he said. He never looked at her, he couldn't keep his eyes off of me.

"Brendon," I started to laugh. His intense staring was making me nervous. This date we were having was quite interesting.

A familiar song started to play on the radio. Frank Sinatra flooded my ears once more. It was as history repeated itself.

Brendon quietly sang along, "Some days, when I'm awfully low, when the world is cold, I will feel a glow just thinking of you."

"And the way you look tonight," I finished the first part of the song. He smiled wide and clapped.

"Just like that night," he said proudly. The night where we first met. I breathed heavily while he started to hum the song and got out of his chair. "Dance with me."

He extended a hand to me and I graciously took it. His hands were clammy and we danced along to Frank.

As the song finished Brendon fell to one knee and looked up.

"I know I've already done this, I just want to do it officially," he told me. Flashes of lights erupted once more.

"Oh, Brendon," my hands flew to my mouth in shock. I had not expected this.

"Melanie Ann Taylor, will you marry me?" He got the ring I had chosen the week before and had it in a small black box.

"Yes!" I squealed. Brendon slid the ring onto my finger and it was absolutely stunning. He got up and embraced me once more.

"I love you," he whispered with his arms around me in a hug.

"I love you too," I responded.