8| tour dates

He texted me the next day.

Brendon: Hey

Me: Good Morning

Brendon: how are you?

Me: I'm decent, and you?

Brendon: decent as well, but seeing you would make me better than decent.

I felt my cheeks go red. I could make Brendon feel better than decent.

Me: Unfortunate you're on tour

Brendon: You should go with me.

I thought about living the life Brendon lives. On tour, different city every night. I didn't have school anymore and I wasn't sure what I wanted to go to college for. I wanted to take a year off of school. I wasn't even sure about living the rock star life.

I went down the stairs with my phone in my pocket. Haley finally went home, I loved her but I couldn't be with her for forever. I took my time getting a bowl from the cabinets and my favorite box of cereal.

Me: When will I be able to see you?

I was desperate to spend some time with Brendon. The way that he talks and that he is so passionate about his music. I shoved a spoonful of cereal in my mouth and took my bowl into the living room. I flipped through the channels when I finally decided on one of my favorite movies, American Beauty.

I watched intently as my favorite scene began to unravel. Lester Burnham gazed upon Angela Hayes for the first time, and he fell in a trance with her beauty. I felt that way about Brendon. The way that he talked has me entranced, as Angela has Lester. Kevin Spacey was one of my favorite actors and the he played Lester, he was perfect.

"I feel like I've been in a coma for the past twenty years, and now I'm just waking up," I said the line out loud with the movie and heard the front door open. I presumed it was my mother coming back from the grocery store, and I didn't look up.

A pair of hands covered my eyes and I began to panic.

"Guess who," I heard a warm voice whisper in my ear. Brendon.

"Lester Burnham," I said sarcastically.

"Who?" He released his hands and jumped over the couch.

"He's from American Beauty. What are you doing here?" I asked.

He smirked, "Drove myself before the concert tonight."

"You have a concert tonight?" I asked astounded. Why would he waste his time driving up here if he had a concert.

"Well I'm on tour," He laughed as if my question was stupid.

"How did you get in my house?" I asked.

"Your mom knew I was coming so she left it open," He informed me.

"She left it open, why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I felt embarrassed wearing my pajamas while Brendon wore a leopard print shirt with some black skinny jeans.

"Wanted to surprise you for breakfast," He told me.

I excused myself to go 
change my clothes. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a simple white tee-shirt.

"Let's go!" I shouted. He was in front of me of me immediately. "Do you know where we're going?"

"To the nearest IHOP!" He jumped into his car and gave me a cheesy grin. I chuckled, he reminded me of a little boy with that smile. A innocent little boy.

"I love IHOP!" I exclaimed and jumped into the passenger seat.

"What do you get when you go?" He asked me. He backed out of my driveway and looked at his google maps.