Chapter 5

Picture of Spencer and he's Novak Djokovic, a tennis player from spain :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

4:32 am

I turned my head to the right and saw my brother. His face was bleeding, and his left eye was swollen about three inches above his face. I winced. Just looking at him can make you feel his pain. I wiped a tear away, and I saw Spencer turn his head.

"Spencer! Are you okay?" I said moving closer to him, but fell over and looked at the blood on my knee. Where the hell did that come from? I didn't really care though, because Spencer is in much worse shape than I am.

"Jessica," he whispered in a husky voice, "get out of here. I'm gonna be okay, but you need to leave." No way! I am not leaving him!

"Are you kidding? I am NOT leaving you here! You can barely speak!" I cried when I saw a fist come down onto Spencer's face, and I swear I heard something crack in his face. I whimpered and looked at Spencer bawling and felt a foot ram into my stomach-

I sat up and gasped and looked around. I was in my room. I looked next to me, and it was just Austin, sound asleep. I looked at my knee, and it had bruises on it, but it wasn't as bad as my nightmare. I lifted my shirt up and looked at my stomach, and there was a shoe mark on it indented into my skin. I thought that was a dream? Then it donned on me: my mom told me that Spencer might've been in a fight before his crash. Was I there the whole time he was basically being killed? I got up and went to the bathroom and splashed some water onto my face. Two days has done a lot to my face. It wasn't swollen like it was when Austin handed me that ice bag on Friday night, but I still don't know how I got this bruise. I am so confused. Was my dream actually reality. I felt a tear run down my cheek before I could stop it. Shivering, I walked back to the bed and took my spot next Austin. No matter how protected and warm I feel under Austin's arms, I couldn't stop my thoughts from racing. Who was it that was beating up my brother? Was it the same person that did this to me? Is he still coming after us?

"Babe, are you okay?" I hear Austin's groggy voice choke out. Until then, I didn't realize I was shaking out of fear and confusion. I need to calm down now.

"Didn't mean to wake you up. I'm fine, it was just a nightmare, go back to sleep," I said interlacing my fingers with his.

He kissed my forehead and said, "Okay, goodnight. I love you." My eyes shot wide open. What did he say?

"What, Austin?" He only replied with his steady breathing since he had already fallen back to sleep. How long has he been thinking that? Is he going to remember he said it in the morning? I decided not to think about it and lied back down next to Austin and fell asleep.

"You can count on me like one, two, three, I'll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two, and you'll be there 'cause that's what friends are s'posed to do oh yeah..." my phone rang waking me up. I looked at Austin right beside me and thought, I could get used to this. Before I picked up, I looked at the clock. It said 10:04

"Hello?" I said in my half-asleep voice.

"You disappeared again!" Sarah's voice rang through my ears.

"Huh?"

"Cole comes over and talks to me for a few minutes, and the next thing I know, you've left me! Again!"

"Oh.. sorry I thought you'd be okay with just Cole's company! You guys seemed pretty cozy," I said, climbing out of bed.

"That doesn't mean I want my best friend gone! I'm still mad at him, you know!"