6.

Melanie Stephen

The whole time I sat behind my desk thinking about what just happened between Miles and I. His lips felt so good connected to mine. They smelled like cherry Chapstick, no wonder they were so smooth. The way he held onto me made me feel wanted.

Every move that he made was the right one and all I could do was stand there and take all of it in. Had I known any better I'd think he wants me to be his girl for real, but I mean this is Miles we're talking about. Wealthy, rude, aggressive, sexy, charming, masculine...wait? Why am I talking about him like this? I don't have feelings for him?... Do I?

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Bridget coming into my office. She took a seat in front of me and was smiling.

"Oh Melanie whatever it is that you're doing to Mr. Carter, keep it up! He just gave me my first raise!" She said enthusiastically.

"Seriously Bridget? That's great umm I'm glad that he's becoming happier than before."

"He's never been in such a great mood. Thank you for making my life better! I actually thought about leaving because I can't keep up with his moodiness ya know?" She giggled pushing her glasses up.

"Yeah I understand." I said smiling. I've never seen Bridget this happy before since I've been working here. She was always looking depressed and very unhappy with her job all because of that prune sitting in the big chair behind the big desk.

"Okay well I have to get back to tending to his needs, thank you again." She said smiling and shaking my hand fast.

"You're welcome Bridge." And she left after that leaving me in the office alone. I went back to looking at these nice heels I seen online at Nordstrom that I just HAD to have. I added them to my cart until later when I could put it on my other bank card.

There was a hard knock on the door that caused me to jump. I wondered who the hell was it banging on my door like that.

"Who is it?" I asked with an attitude. No answer. I got up and braced myself to curse out whoever it was. I opened the door yelling, but I stopped when I saw Michael standing right there.

"Michael! I'm gonna kill you what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked smirking standing to the side to let him in and closed the door behind him.

"No you won't but did you like the flowers I sent you?" He asked taking a seat in the chair.

"Yes I loved them they were really beautiful. Thanks." I said standing in front of him, leaning on the edge of my desk. He looked me up and down biting his chocolate, plump lips.

"Damn ma that dress is phenomenal. You tryna tease a brotha?"

"No I wore it today for my interview, I had to look appealing right?" I said standing up giving him a little spin allowing him to see my whole body. He chuckled and grabbed my hand.

"Yeah I guess but I really like it." He said pulling me closer to him making me collapse on his lap. I looked at him and smiled.

"You do? You don't think it's too much?" I asked moving closer to his face. I could smell the spearmint gum on his breath and his polo cologne lingered on his shirt collar. He smiled big showing his perfectly straight pearly whites.