Chapter Three- Why

Kennedy's P.O.V

It's been a full week in Canada. I love it here but it's no California. Well, it's just not the same without Adam. We skyped this week. We were both a mess, crying and tired, missing each other like crazy. It's our birthday in exactly one month, so what we are both asking for is to visit each other, and i'm pretty sure it's going to happen. I made a new friend, her name is Emma. We are in the same class, Mrs.Murphy, shes not my favorite but oh well. There are a couple girls im friends with, but not many. Most of them say stuff to me about how my skin is darker than theres. Well common sense, live in California for 13 years, you tend to be tanned.

" Hey emma!" I said happily, sitting down at the lunch table in the busy cafeteria.

She just looked at me, rolled her eyes, and walked away. Everybody followed her. I look over and everybody is staring at me. I feel like such an outsider right now. The bell rang and I started walking to my locker to get my math book. The queen bitch of the school, Kaitlynn slapped my books out of my hand.

" What was that for?" I asked.

" For being ugly, stupid, and a bitch." She sneered. I never said a word to her before. I kind of feel bad for her, her daddy's money wont help her future.

I picked up my books and went to the washroom. I bent down in the stall, sitting on the floor, knees up to my chest and hands covering my face. I started to cry, I never thought it would be this hard. I lied, this week has been terrible. I didnt want to be any where near any of these people, so I went down to the office to call home "sick". My mom came and got me.

I went home, layed in my bed, looked at pictures of me and adam and cried. I missed him and California so much.