The Club

As Peggy and I sat in the back of a taxi, I tumbled with the hem of my coat. We were very inappropriately dressed, our skirts the shortest they could go without accidentally showing too much and our blouses were not buttoned all the way up; now I wasn't one for hiding everything but this was all just too much. Our faces were caked in makeup, the wigs on our head were itchy and the shoes were way too high for any normal person to walk in.

"This is so embarrassing." I mumbled, pulling my long coat tighter around me.

"What do you bet that we don't even have to dress like this? I don't see why we couldn't have just snuck into the facility?" Peggy huffed.

"Ladies, stay focused." Agent Philip warned us from our earpieces.

Peggy and I looked at each other, rolling our eyes. The taxi finally pulled up in the alley behind the club where the working women entered. There was a bodyguard at the door, but fake identities were made for us, the story was that we were the newest addition to the workers. We tried to casually get out of the car though the heels made that very difficult. Both of us stood in front of the man at the door, handing him some ID and giving our names.

"So, you're the newbies, huh? I didn't even know we were getting anyone else to come work here." he commented, checking his list for our names.

I put on an American accent."It was very last minute, they forgot to call us back about what night they wanted us so here we are!"

"Is everything alright? I hope there's nothing wrong." Peggy pouted, performing a New York accent.

"No, no, ladies, everything is fine. Your names were just a little tricky to find. Here you go." He handed back the fake IDs before opening the doors for us."Good luck, you're going to need it."

His last comment made me uneasy, what had he meant by that? Our heels clicked along the floor, muffled music could be heard all the way out here. It seemed that we had walked into the dressing room of the women, five of them were in the room, sorting out their hair and makeup. One of them noticed us, resting a hand on her hip.

"This is for workers only." she bluntly said.

"We are the new workers here, we're here for the waitressing job." Peggy explained.

"Waitressing? I didn't think we needed anyone else?" another questioned.

"They wanted extra staff. Look, can someone tell us where the manager is?" I wanted to get this mission over and done with.

"Big Tony is out front. Come on, I'll show you."

We followed this woman out front. I was shocked by how much was on show. Her bum was peeking out beneath he tight skirt, and she might as well have not bothered to wear a top it was that short. We passed through a curtain, emerging into the club itself. There was a main stage where some women were 'dancing', with many sofas and chairs dotted around the place which groups of men sat in. Smoke fogged up the room, the smell mixing with alcohol. The music kept going, men's low chatter adding to the noise. She swayed her hips as she walked, guiding us to a VIP area. The two bouncers let us pass the rope when she explained and there was a smaller version of the club just outside but with more women.

"Hey, Tony, your new girls are here." she said, pointing to us.

"Thanks Cherry. You can go." he waved his hand at her, and she huffed as she walked away.

Tony was sat with a girl on his lap, with two men either side of him. Three more girls accompanied them but were sat next to them, rather than on them. Tony puffed on a cigar before blowing the smoke out and looking us up and down.