Chapter 42 - Fruitless effort and Missing each other..

Kasumi becomes busier than ever with her studies , so the day we don't see each other continues..

....And then one night at dinner.

"Mina ? did you see Kasumi off this morning ?" asked Reimako while putting some food at the table..

"No...she already left when  i return from my part time job..."

"I see...she's been leaving the house much earlier than before..." she worriedly said.

"Y-yeah....i'm worried as well..."

"And she sleeps  really late too .." says Yomiko while helping Rei

"Huh ? , Really ?"

"Yeah. The other day i came back really late from work , i think that's about around 2am , and she's still grinding with the books here in the living room.."

"R-really ?!"

I know she's really serious about her studies but , that's a tad bit too much ...

That's probably why we haven't been able to see each other even though we lived on the same roof..

( i do understand it though , that's her dream after all , of course i miss her ..and i want to see her when she comes home tonight at least , but she won't let me pick her up and assist her home..)

"Kasumi...i hope she's okay. I wonder if she'll come home early tonight ?" Tegemi seems to worry as well..

"ah, she said that today...she might be going home late today.."

( I'm worried , i guess i'm going to pick her up at the university today..)

I decide to myself at the dinner table..

....And then that evening...

I wait for Kasumi infront of their university gate.. i confirmed from the security guard who's standing in front of the gate that their still some students in there and probably one of them is Kasumi so i decided to wait ..i look at my watch and it's already 11 pm..

(wow..she's really late , i wonder how she's doing ..?)

(Well it's a good thing , there's a lot of drink dispenser near  guess i'll drink some coffee to keep me up...)

After a while.....

( wow..i'm really glad there's a lot of drink dispenser near , this is my 15th can of black coffee and everything is in slow motion now...)

After a few hours...

(well there's still some light their she's still probably there....)

When...his phone rang..

*Hello ' Mina ?"

"Oh Kasumi , hi ! is class finished ?"

Kasumi answered in a confused voice..

"huh ?! my class ended  a few hours ago , i'm at my parents home i got  home at 9pm , i just call in because..uhm..i just want to hear your voice ,and i want you to know that i'll be staying here for the night  by the way were are you are you home already ? or still at work ?"

"Oh....." (so she's already home huh, i guess it got in a bit late...) i'm still at work , but i'm about to finish for the night.." ( i lied again , forgive me , i don't want you to worry about me..)

"Is , that so ..uhm anyway , i'll see you at the Famille' Mina , goodnight "

*toot*

"G-goodnight..."

(Well might as well go home ....) he walks away from the university 

When he reach the train station....

"No train ? how could it be....oh right it already 1am , the last trip was an hour ago...."

*sigh*

"I guess i'll be sleeping here for the night...hehehe....heh.." he just laughs it off nonchalantly..

I let out another sighed of relief then sat on the train station chairs to wait for the morning ..

"So she stayed at her parent's house , that's a relief , come to think of it , i think it's more maybe that's were she's staying when  she have a long lecture at nights no wonder she won't allow me to pick her up..."

When i calm down , sleepiness and tiredness  starts to kick in...and slowly began to drift asleep..

When....