5.

Melanie Stephen

The date went great with Michael. We went to this restaurant in the downtown area that was just as he described it to be: Splentabulous. It was surrounded with flowers and lanterns were hung around the place. Afterwards, we went out for ice cream at this parlor not far from the restaurant. Ultimately it wasn't a failure.

He drove me back home and walked me to my door.

"So it ends right here." He said holding onto my hand.

"Yeah it does, I had a really great time with you Michael thanks for tonight."

"Yeah it's no problem I enjoyed myself too. We should do this again soon?"

"Yeah I'd love to." I came closer and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Goodnight see you at the office tomorrow."

"Goodnight." He said watching me enter my home. I turned and locked the door behind me and took off my shoes in the hallway taking them in my room. I took off my dress and changed into a tee shirt and my boy shorts putting my hair up in a bun. I walked into my kitchen and pulled out a pack of Oreos and began to eat them.

I thought about tomorrow and I hoped that it would go great for me because I can't fuck up right now. I walked into my bedroom and kneeled down to say a little prayer and climbed into bed. I laid there for a couple of minutes before sleep took over me.

next morning

I woke up excited not only because it's Friday, but my interview with August is today and I cannot wait! I hurried into my bathroom and showered and quickly dried off and ran into my closet. I chose a nice red midi dress with spaghetti straps and they made everything on me look right. I think today is the day that I turn heads at the office even though I already turn heads wherever I go.

I paired the dress with my red bottoms and my black Prada purse. I got dressed and did my make up and left my hair in a curly mess freshening it up with moisturizer and water. I slicked the baby hairs down and headed for the door. Luckily I remembered to get my folder before I left finally.

I scurried to my jeep when I got a call from Miles.

"Look you need to be here right now, he's waiting for you in the office."

"Wait his interview wasn't until 12 though."

"He just said something about needing to do the interview earlier than 12 because of something came up, you need to get here now!" He yelled through the phone. I hung up in his face because I don't have time for his bullshit this morning.

He continued to call me back to back and I just turned my phone completely off speeding to work which I shouldn't have been doing but I have something really important to do.

I parked in my parking spot and jumped out of my car slamming the door behind me. I didn't even realize that I left my folder until I got to the building door but fuck it everything I need is on my laptop.

I ran over to the elevator checking the time and it was a little after 8am. I stepped on pressing the number 3 to head up to my office to meet with Mr. Alsina.

"Whew okay Mel, you can do this. Think positive thoughts only no negativity." I said to myself trying to calm down before getting up here with all these people. The elevator stopped on the third floor and opened and I walked off.