1.

Melanie Stephen

I woke up this morning alone in my high scale loft. Checking the time it was a little after 7. Oh I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Melanie or Mel for short and I've recently graduated from Yale with a Bachelors degree in journalism (B.J.) and I'm starting my first job today. It's a position as the editor in chief for a magazine company called Celeb weekly. I'm pretty excited but also nervous as hell since this is my first actual job even though I've had internships at several magazine and newspaper companies.

I got up and walked into my perfectly earth toned kitchen and started a pot of coffee while I went to freshen up for the day ahead of me. I walked into my gigantic closet and pulled out a sleek nude dress that showed off a little cleavage and made my curves pop. I paired it with my Christian loboutin pumps and my Creme coloured clutch. I showered and stepped out and pressed my curly hair parting it in the middle. I sprayed a few pumps of my Gucci perfume and went back to turn off my coffee.

I poured it into the coffee mug and grabbed my keys to my all black Jeep rubicon that was presented to me as a graduation gift from my mom and dad. I hopped in and pulled out of my parking deck and pulled into the downtown area. Luckily I don't have to drive far to get to work since its on the Northside of town and that's not far from my building. While driving, my phone started to ring and it was Jules, my longtime bestie and former girlfriend. Yes I'm bisexual but currently I'm single and looking for a significant other. I put her on speaker phone and kept driving.

"Good morning baby cakes!" She said all cheery and that put a smile on my face.

"Good morning Julesy. How are you?"

"Great I'm currently on the elevator heading up to my office." She sighed, "–But I remembered that today was your first day at your new job! Are you excited?"

"Excited isn't even the word, more like ecstatic! But I'm nervous as fuck though."

"Oh don't worry it'll be fine, just remember to make eye contact and I hope that you dressed appropriately too."

"I did. I'm wearing my nude colored dress, the one with the slit on the side I think that's sorta appropriate."

"But Mel you have booty too so that just depends."

"Yeah that's true, but at least the girls are put away!" I giggled in reference to my nice sized breasts.

"I'm hoping that they were."

"Whatever girl."

"I'm serious, but I'm thinking about setting you up on a blind date with this really nice guy." She says.

"Uh no last time I went on a blind date with one of your friends, it was a total mess."

"But I think you'll like this one in all honesty he's a great guy, makes great money, and very very handsome."

"I don't know Jay I'll think about it."

"Okay whatever I hope you let me set it up soon." She said huffs. "–But I have to go, these bitches are trippin' this morning they didn't have all the pictures that I asked for on my desk. But good luck today."

"Okay thanks."

And with that we ended our convo just in time as I pulled into a parking spot. I got out not trying to fall and once I closed the car door, some guy in the parking lot was eyeballing me.

"Damn that's you?" He asked walking up to me. He was really cute, darkskin, nice smile, built nice and smelled really good.

"Yeah it is." I said bluntly not trying to talk to him.

"I'm Michael, I'm a writer here." He said sticking out his hand.

"I'm Melanie, but you could just call me Mel."

"Nice to meet you Mel. I've never seen you around before."

"Yeah it's my first day here." I smirk while flipping my hair over my shoulder.

He frowned. "Ouch."

"What's the problem?"

"Well the guy who's in charge of this place is really rude. I mean he's demanding, very aggressive, basically a boss from hell."

"Wow are you serious?"

"Yeah, but you're beautiful, so I'm sure he's gonna be nice or something since its your first day."

"Hmm thanks for the advice." I said following him onto the elevator. I think I'm looking forward to meeting this 'Boss from hell'.

Miles Carter

"Damnit Bridget I specifically asked for cream in my coffee!" I yelled at my new assistant. She's the fifth one I've had so far.

"I-I'm sorry Mr. Carter I'll go fix it." She said scurrying out of my office. I groaned loudly, taking a seat in my chair behind my desk.

"And where are those articles I requested on my desk by today!" I yelled again, opening the silver Mac Book Air.

"Well umm I don't know sir, I'll go and let Angie know." She said running back over with the coffee.

"Thank you, you finally did it right!" I said sarcastically.

"Umm also your new employee, Ms. Melanie Stephen, is here to meet you."

"Well what are you waiting for, bring her in!"

She quickly walked out the office and a few minutes later she came back with a beautiful woman trailing behind her. She was very curvy and she had exquisite taste in style. She took the seat in front of my desk.

"Ahem...you're excused Bridget." I said picking up a pen writing down something on my notepad. She left out closing my office door behind her.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Ms. Stephen?" I said flashing a smile.

"Likewise." She said smiling back.

"Well I looked over your file and you graduating from Yale that's a big accomplishment, congratulations to you."

"Thank you, Sir."

"Yeah your welcome." I closed the folder and leaned back in my chair. "–So why should you be the editor in chief here?"

"Well I love to write, it gives me this rush that nothing else does. The excitement it gives me to express myself with words is beyond amazing. And I love celebrity gossip so why not join two things that I love together?"

"Touché. Are you dedicated to working long hours in an office space if required?"

"Yes definitely."

"Well I guess you passed my test. Let's see how you do in the actual environment. You're excused now." I said eying her.

She stood up, pulling down her dress, and leaving out. I caught myself looking at her ass, which was big in size by the way. Bridget came back in, her timid ass.

"Mr. Carter your 9 o'clock appointment is here now."

"Send them in." I sigh. "Let the day begin..."