(OLD) Chapter 24

Note: So hey, it's me again with another full chapter on this fine Friday morning.

Chanelle (@famouxaf on Twitter) told me it was her FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY TODAY, so I just had to give her something more than Cartney and Emeray being all dramatic for today's update. How about a little bit of Chapter, hmm? It's been a while.

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: So Cartney and Emeray have actually started trying to make people hate them. Why? So DEFED's threats don't mean anything to them anymore. Kinda like Alexander Hamilton writing the Reynolds Pamphlet if we really want to stretch it. But I guess this reference would fit more if Emeray was admitting to the world that she's dating Chapter like Hamilton admitted he had an affair with Maria Reynolds. THE CHAPTER PAMPHLET????

emeray

If my time with Cartney these past weeks was isolating, my time on the Onward Train set thus far is suffocating. The moment Chapter, our members, and I set foot on location, we were hounded by the movie crew. Over this first day of filming, I seem to have developed an entourage of makeup and stunt people who won't leave me alone for even a second, not even in my trailer.

As three people take turns pulling at my hair with combs and curlers, I listen to Lex as she goes off to the whole room about how thrilled she is to be here. Though I'd much rather prefer to be left alone for a few minutes, her excitement is endearing enough that I don't mind as much as I could.

"I just can't believe we're on a actual set!" she squeals, grabbing Gerald's arm. "I've only seen trailers like this in pictures!"

"Ah, yes," he says. "Such a thrill."

"C'mon, Gerald! Be a little more excited!"

From the mirror of my vanity I catch Gerald's face contort into an uncomfortable expression as one of the crew members approaches him with a tray of refreshments. Shaking his head strenuously, he glances off at Angad standing in the corner of the room with a hint of envy. The last time we were on a movie set, he had been the one who was able to blend into the background, which I'm starting to gather he really prefers.

I can't say I don't understand his overwhelment––it's hard to adjust to people suddenly being willing to bend over backward to make sure you're satisfied. I make a note in my head to ask him whether or not his "choice" to become a member of Fanatix was actually a choice at all. It definitely doesn't seem like the kind of lifestyle he'd pick for himself, especially after all those months of being an eyewitness as my bodyguard.

"Did they write in a part for you, Lex?" I ask.

"They had an extra walk-on role they needed an actress for." She squeals again. "I get two scenes with you guys!"

"That's great! And what you you, Gerald?"

He snorts. "I'm actually replacing Chapter's part."

"You're gonna have to figure out your choice occupation sometime soon," Lex tells him. "Remember what Carstan said?"

"What did he say?" I ask.

"That we need to make ourselves useful, basically," says Gerald.

"No!" Lex hits his arm. "He said we need to start building our schedules. He wants us all to have something going on to promote when our issue of The X is comes out. Most everyone has already thought of what they want to do, except Gerald."

"Hey, I'm getting there." He rolls his eyes. "That magazine isn't coming out next week or anything."

"It'll come out soon, though."