*chapter thirteen*

HAPPY FAMOUX FRIDAY!

Taylor Swift's new album Lover is out today AND it's the thirteenth chapter? Did I plan this?

Also, re: the edit above.... Nice Fishbowl, Taylor! I love a Famoux reference!

Sorry for today's update being a *little* later in the day today. This chapter is... So long. People have been complaining about my chapters being too short lately, even though they're the same size as they usually are, so I thought, well, if more than five people have told me the chapters are short, why not bump it up this week! Now, instead of our usual 2,000 words, this chapter is around 3,600.

PREVIOUSLY ON THE CLASSIX: It's still the afternoon of Emeray's birthday, and Cartney just told Emeray that it WAS, indeed, him spotted at the ring shop. Not a DEFED clone. What ever will happen now??????

emeray

    It's odd to watch him carry himself. All throughout his first interview with us at Delicatum's Top Charts, Cartney Kirk is a person I barely recognize––all quick quips and mischievous grins. I might've seen this person once or twice in flickers, but he dissipated fast to make way for the Cartney I know, the one I've come to expect.

    But today, I don't quite know what to expect.

    "So, Cartney," starts one of our hosts. I'm too stunned by Cartney's mannerisms that I can barely remember their names. "Since we've already discussed how your new single 'Emeray' and its meteoric rise to the top of our charts, so... We were thinking... Do you think you could maybe..."

    From the cautious stalling comes a sudden teasing look as one of the other hosts interjects. "...Could you divulge a little for us on your whereabouts yesterday?"

    A grin flicks up on Cartney's face––the likes of which I haven't recognized since before our dating contract.

    "What ever could you be talking about?"

    "You at the jewelry store?"

    When he speaks, he speaks vauntingly––with a saccharine swagger, as if to assure whatever comes out of his mouth is the perfect soundbite for a tabloid cover.

    "Oh that?" he asks. "Off picking something up for my dear, of course."

    Since there are far too many cameras in the studio getting us at every direction, I resist the urge to look over at Chapter with utter alarm. He must be thinking what I'm thinking, though. It's all over his mannerisms––the quick shift in his seat, the way he fidgets with his hands for all of a second before settling back on his lap. I mimic them in slight.

    "What were you picking up?" asks the first host.

    Cartney grins harder. Shrugs.

    "So you won't confirm nor deny for us?" asks another host.