But I had to admit, it was odd. Haiden was warning me against his own gang - the gang he was the leader of. Although it was nice of him to do that, I also knew Haiden was the danger he was warning me of. It was a scary thought, but I was in the mood to be naive as I crossed the street.

Soon I was standing in front of the vast forest. Staring at it, I felt pride at how huge it was. The trees were so tall and luscious with their plentiful leaves, which made me happy. After my Haiden drama was over, I was going to explore my forest.

Taking a step forward to enter the forest, I gasped as someone suddenly grabbed my wrist. I whirled around, ready to fight off my attacker, but my eyes went wide as I saw that it was Blake who was holding me. He didn't look happy.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, eyes wide.

"That's what I should be asking you," he shot back.

My cheeks turned red. He had caught me. Maybe not the truth I couldn't speak about to anyone, but he had discovered my secret forest. Even though he was my best friend and now boyfriend, I didn't like the idea of that.

"I was bored and I was planning on exploring the forest," I lied. "Now your turn. Why are you here?"

    "You're usually a good liar, but I see how uneasy you are," Blake said, catching me off guard. "There's a reason why you're going to that forest and I have a bad feeling about it."

    "Don't. I'm not doing anything wrong."

    For a moment, we stared at each other. Neither of us would blink as we challenged each other to throw words at one another. My heart was pounding so hard I thought I'd break a rib at that point. But thankfully, Blake looked away.

    "I don't know what you're doing, but you need to stop before someone gets hurt," he said, his eyes pleading.

    I wanted to say that wouldn't happen, but I knew that was a lie. The person I cared the most about in the world was a criminal who who kept pushing me away. Someone was definitely going to get hurt and I knew it would most likely be me.

"I'll be okay," I said, honest. "Trust me."

My eyes were now pleading as I wished he would trust me. What I was doing was sketchy and admittedly awful, but I knew what I was doing. I knew who Haiden really was and somehow, I'd bring him back to the light side. That was my goal.

"Luna, I love you and all but you know nothing," Blake said, surprising me. "You're messing with things that shouldn't be messed with."

"What... What are you talking about?" I asked, stunned.

"You're clueless in this world and that's why I don't trust your current decisions."

My heart dropped. His words hurt and I frowned as I stared at him. Blake never talked to me like that. He was always so sweet and I began to wonder if he was being honest. Was I actually completely clueless?

Taking a step back, I knew I didn't want to be anywhere near him. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to be away from everyone who was getting in my way of learning more about Haiden. Only then could I be able to freely.

     "Luna," Blake said suddenly, grabbing onto my arms. "Look, I didn't mean to be rude. I care about you and I'm just worried, okay?"

    "I told you I'm fine," I said quietly, wishing he'd move away.

    To my utter surprise, Blake pulled me forward and he kissed me. His cold lips met mine and I froze, stunned. I hadn't expected it and all I wanted to do was shove him away. But I didn't, knowing that would hurt him. I could never hurt Blake.

    Eventually, Blake pulled away, his eyes soft as he stared at me. I felt uneasy and my face was red, but with shame. I definitely didn't like Blake. He was like a brother to me and I felt sick, knowing we had kissed.

    "I love you," Blake said, surprising me even more. "I am in love with you and all I want is the best for you. So stay away from the forest. Stay at my side."

    Never, I internally screamed. I didn't have the guts to say that, so I stared at him, flabbergasted. There was no way I'd stay away from the forest. But, I had to let him believe that I would. Since Blake seemed intent on making me leave, I had to play his game.

    "Okay," I said, feeling my stomach churn unpleasantly. "I'll stay away from the forest."

    Blake hugged me and all I wanted to do was move away. I wanted to run away and never return to his side because I didn't want to be like this with him. I didn't want to be his girlfriend. Regret consumed me as I knew that this was my fault. I shouldn't have told him I'd date him.

    As we hugged, I suddenly heard a howl. My eyes flew wide and I looked at the forest, stunned. I felt Blake tense as he continued to hug me, but he didn't move an inch. So I stayed where I was, peering over his shoulder at the forest, and I wondered if that howl was from Haiden. Was he signalling something? Annoyance for Blake filled me as I was stuck in his arms, but I didn't do anything. Because everyone was becoming suspicious, I tried to remain clueless for a bit more.