Chapter 13: Devil comes to play

Dreamer watched the two hold each other in comfort, he had to take Verna back home with him. He wondered how she became like this, why did he want her as his mate? He wondered, there was no doubt he was attracted to her. Scent and personality, he had never seen someone that was labeled as insane. That was new, she was strange, intoxicating. He felt the urge to protect her, to curl her into a blanket and never let any harm come to her. But he knew he couldn't, not until she came to terms with her demons. She was happy with who she was, or tried to be. He didn't mind her seeing things but he wished she leaned onto him more.
"Suzuko," Jericho's strong voice made the young girl glance up at her father, he held out his arms expecting her to launch herself at him. She did just what he expected, cradling her close he whispered soft words into her ear.
Verna watched them with longing in her heated Amber eyes, she wanted that family. Someone she could protect with all she had, she frowned, Verna wanted a child but she couldn't have one she knew that. Everyone would fear for her child's safety, hell she would fear for the child's safety. Verna watched the gorilla like man, his face looked like one of a vicious ape, it didn't bother her in the least his deep red hues were almost. Beautiful. Dreamer would be disappointed with her, she was just a freak, a monster, someone who would never be able to live a normal life.
-
Her warm breath danced in the air as snow fell from the sky, she glanced up, cheeks pink from the cold and a large knitted hat on her head. Her mother made her it, along with her matching mittens. Her mother loved to knitt, she loved to keep herself busy to keep her mind off of their grandmother. Verna didn't know why they all avoided their grandmother but they did, Verna loved her grandmother. Only she understood her young mind. Her grandmother would sit her down and build fairy houses with her, she would gush about how wonderful the magical creatures were and maybe just maybe if you got on heir good side they would show themselves. Verna longed for the day to see a fairy, she thought they were beautiful and longed to be friends with them.
Oh how she had hoped.
She looked around, kids played at the park she stood in. Moving around the snow at their feet and enjoying themselves. Verna cocked her head to the side, a tall figure in her vision. He stood, the height of her father who stood tall at six foot, his shoulders slightly hunched as his black limbs hung down like skinny gorilla arms. Sharp black nails protruded from her fingers, his legs were covered in gray fur and his feet were hooves, black feathers from his shoulders and his head was what looked to be the skull of a cow with gray twisted ram horns coming from the sides. His arm moved, skinny finger motioning for her to come to him. She watched, memorized by the man.
'Some Faè aren't nearly as pretty as we think' her grandmothers voice purrs in her mind, Verna was in awe. She spotted a fairy!
She raced to him, not bothering to tell her parents or the other kids that she spotted him. She didn't want to share her new friend.
"Hi!" She grinned, losing her footing her face slammed into the snow at her feet. She pushed herself up, shaking her head as small tears rolled down her cheeks. A long black nail touched her tear, flicking the liquid to the side only to have it freeze in the snow.
"Do you want to make a deal?" His voice was low, ominous, she was hypnotized by his voice.
A deal, she wondered what that meant. Fairies didn't make deals, or not what she knew of them. Though Verna didn't see the harm in making a deal.
"Sure! What's your name?" She grinned waiting for him to respond, he looked taken aback. His posture not nearly as calm anymore, he was confused on why the girl wasn't afraid. He was a monster.
"I am lucifer, King of hell" he snarled, he chose the hideous form for a reason. He wanted the girl to be afraid, she only looked at him in awe.
"You're not a fairy!" She giggled, hitting his leg with her small hand. A Faè? His sneer worsened, she thought he was one of those... creatures. He looked nothing like them, demonic aura rolled off of his powerful frame in waves. He held back the urge to swipe at the child, make her fear him.
"My gram told me something about you," Her voice was soft as she took his long finger in her small childish hand, he watched her with glowing white eyes waiting for her answer. He would decided them whether or not to devour her, "who prayed for Satan? The one sinner who needed it the most?" She turned her large amber eyes to his glowing white ones.
He didn't understand what she meant, a frown was lost on his skull like head. He had no muscles on his face to move and show emotion.
"I don't think you're bad, can I be your first friend Luci?" Verna grinned up to the monstrous demon, she never once held fear on her sweet expression.