Worst Timing III.

*Anastasia's POV*
"Okay I called the uber it should be here in about 10 minutes" Joey says.
"Okay that's grea-" I get cut off by a very familiar voice.
"OH MY GOSH ANASTASIA KATHERINE MILLER IS THAT YOU? OH MY GOSH ITS BEEN A WHILE WHY DID YOU IGNORE MY TEXT?" Mannie says.
Oh and just my luck, Alex (Anastasia's ex) walks up.
"Because you ruined her life" Joey says laughing.
"Um what?" Mannie says.
"Just because Alex likes me doesn't mean I ruined her life." She says then locks her and Alex's hands together.
Alex quickly pulls his hand away.
"We aren't dating I moved here because of my dads work but she thinks it's because of her even though I texted her like 1000 times that we are done. I've been meaning to ask you would you maybe give me another chance?... I mean I know we haven't talked in a while but.." Alex says while drifting off on his sentence.
"She's cant" Joey says
"Why?" Alex says giving Joey a dirty look
"She is already dating someone" Joey says rolling his eyes
"Um by who?... You?" Alex says laughing.
"I....I" I say not knowing what to do
"Is this true Anastasia?" Alex says looking at me as if he would.. Hurt me.
"Uhhhhh.... Yeah. What did you think I was going to be waiting for you?" I say looking at Joey with an upset face.
"LIES! No way you two are dating! Joey is way to cute" she says trying to flirt.
"Mannie Cale Gaines, I've had enough with you. All you want to do is steal everything from me! First Alex, then my reputation, and let's not forget when you purposely made me loose the skate competition by putting oil on the bottom of my shoes. And now you want to do this. Mannie learn how to get your own life." I say.
"Oh please, the past is the past. And if you two were really dating, you guys wouldn't even be here so awkwardly." She says while rolling her eyes.
"Also, You would've never moved on from-" Mannie is cut off.
"Here's proof that I am dating Joey and that I have moved on. I say
I smashed my lips into joeys with no regret at all. Joey wraps his hands on my hips and kisses back and it lasted about 30 seconds. There was just something that made it feel so special. Like it was meant to be. I was just probably caught up in the fact of how much I wanted to prove Mannie wrong even though, she was right. Joey then slightly pecked me on the lips smiling.
"The uber has a delay I guess" he says to me smiling.
*joeys POV*
"The uber has a delay I guess" I said smiling at her.
I don't know what that was. Me kissing back?!? Me holding on to the kiss for what felt like forever which in this case was a good thing I guess. I felt something I have never felt before from that. And I don't know, I had nothing to prove. Just today we met and we are already kind of.. Kissing? I liked it. I did. She is beautiful and kind and loves to skate and she is single but, if it doesn't work out, I wouldn't want to hurt her. And plus this is the first time we met. We'll just have to see if that was true love or just an act.
"Ugh boringgg" Mannie says. "And did you know she cheated on-" Mannie is stopped by me and Alex talking at the same time.
"She didn't cheat on Alex" I say
"She didn't cheat on me" he says.
• a/n they said it at the same time. •
"How do you know" Alex says to me with a disgusting attitude.
"She tells me a lot of things, and I help her. Something you probably have never done." I say.
"Whatever" Alex says.
"So are you gonna leave this douche bag for me?" Alex says trying to peck her on the lips.
"No." She says while rolling her eyes.
I could see her tears coming up, so to hide that I moved her head towards me softly. I wanted to see if that last kiss really meant something. I wanted to see what all those feelings I have been feeling were real, or if I just trying to make the act less obvious. I want this to answer all those questions.
"I..I love you." I say and kiss her.
I felt something. I don't think she felt anything. She didn't kiss back, she didn't do anything. It's the first day and I'm already trying to fall in love with some girl I barely know. It just felt weird. I don't know what it was. So maybe she was just trying to prove a point. All these thoughts fill my mind but clear out immediately when... Something I thought would not happen did.
*Anastasia's pov.*
He said he loved me. Did he feel what I felt? There's nothing to prove anymore. The only thing I want to prove is to see if this connection between us is real. I run my fingers through Joey's hair then place my arm on his shoulders.
"Joseph, I love you too." I say softly.
I go in for a kiss.
The Feeling again, it was there. I don't know how to explain what I felt, and I don't know if he felt it too I don't, but maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. Again, it has been a day. One day since I've known this guy who could possibly a murderer. Who ever he is, he had made me feel I feeling I had never felt in my life.
"Ummm before me and my boyfriend Alex experience you guys make out again, we're gonna go eat somewhere." Mannie says.
"I don't want you Mannie I don't fucking want you. I want Anastasia" Alex says gripping on my wrist very tightly.
"Don't do this again please, you stopped doing this please" I say shaking.
"Then break up with him and go out with me" he says gripping on my hands harder.
He suddenly let's go and holds my face softly
"I will make you happy.. Please give me another chance don't make me do this in front of a crowd" Alex says slowly holding my face a bit harder.
"No, you had your chance and now it's over" I say about to walk behind Joey of fear but it stops when Alex pulls my hand and forces me to go near him.
"Listen to me remember last time you said no? You should be lucky I didn't do anything when you said no to me asking you out a few minutes ago. I gave you a chance and now you want to throw it away? "Alex says looking at me with a stern face.
"Is everything okay here?" A police says concerned.
"Everything is fine we were just talking" Alex says slowly loosing grip.
"Oh okay well it's past curfew y'all should be heading home soon." The police officer says.
"The uber is here but drove a little too far let's go" Joey says
Alex let my hands go. My hands were a little bruised and red from his grip.
Alex tries to hide it but the officer wasn't even looking.
As I walk away far enough from The officer, Alex , and Mannie, Joey asks me something.
"I have a question" Joey says.
"What is it?" I say hoping he will ask me to date him or ask me to go somewhere special like a restaurant with him, sadly, it was not what he asked.
"What happened before. With you and Alex." Joey says.
"Where's the uber" I say.
"I lied I was afraid when the police left he would hurt you now answer my question please." He says worried.
"It was nothing really." I say silently.
"What did he do. Did he hurt you?!?" Joey says raising his voice a little bit.
"Alex stop!" I say realizing that this was in fact, not Alex. It was someone who cared about me.
*flashback*
"Alex stop!"
"Shut up just listen to me before I hurt you more. You will never say no to me and if you do I will hurt you I will!"
"Please stop I didn't want to go to dinner with you I'm sorry but please don't hurt me you said you were going to take me home but this isn't home please!"
"Am I trying to rape you? No so shut it all I wanted to do with something nice!"
He throws me on the floor and kicks my back 7 times.
"I just wanted to do something nice!"
He then kicks my ankle.
He hears sirens. Realizing that someone had saw him he runs away.
I lie on the ground not being able to do much but cry.
Some people show up.
Everything else was just a blur and I only remembered a few words.
"It's okay.. Don't worry we will help you."
"Call for backup and a sketch artist we need a medic here now"
*present time*
"I'm so sorry I raised my voice I didn't mean to scare you, I'm so sorry." Joey says holding me tight
"I'm sorry I can't explain what happened, it's too much but I have something to show you." I say shaking.
I turn around lifting my shirt up revealing a bruise on my back.
"I..it was 4 months ago and it is still here." I say tearing up.
I then put my shirt back down and show my ankle which had a bruise replicating a faint footprint.
"I couldn't do anything. He.. He had never done this but he used to be abused when he was younger and his mother told me every time he said no to his dad stuff happened. I guess it just scared him." I say tearing up even more.
I hear Joey's phone buzz and it must be the uber.
*joey's pov*
My phone buzzes. It was tayler.