Chapter 3

Picture of Norah --------------->

It doesn’t make any sense to me.  The only person I talked to was Haley and she would never betray me like that.  I hope.

Walking down the halls, I head straight to Alexia’s locker.  “Alexia!”  I shout, getting her attention.  I see her smirk evilly before shutting her locker and leaning against it, waiting for me.  “Are you spreading rumors about me losing my virginity this weekend?”  I ask angrily.

She nods, “Only they’re not rumors, are they, Elle?” 

I frown, “What I did or didn’t do this weekend is none of anybody else’s business.”  I state.

“Actually, when you announce it in the courtyard, I’m pretty sure you make it my business.”  She says cattily. 

“What the hell are you talking about?  I didn’t announce anything!”  I say, utterly confused.

“Oh, I’m sorry… I was just walking up to you and Haley earlier and happened to hear everything clearly.  I thought that was you telling me.”  She says, not looking sorry at all.

“Damn it, Alexia.  This is my life.  You can’t just go spreading rumors because you feel like it!”  I yell, probably embarrassing myself in the process.

“It’s not my fault you’re a whore.”  She says simply before walking away.  I gape at her retreating form.  Did she really just call me a whore? 

I feel somebody grab my arm and I instantly jump away.  “Whoa, sorry about that.  I didn’t mean to scare you.”  Haley says, holding her hands up. 

I nod, looking down at my feet.  “People are saying I’m a whore.”  I whisper.

“Yeah, well we both know the truth.  Let’s get to class and don’t even worry about anybody else.”  She says simply, linking her arm with mind and pulling me down the hallway. 

The rest of the day is boring, mostly because I can’t help focusing on the rumors floating around.  Maybe it’d be worse in a normal school, but right now all I can think is that girls are catty bitches who love gossip.  I’d almost kill to go to a different school right now.  By the time I get home, I’m exhausted and can’t help myself as I take a small nap.

“Ellie… Ellie… Eloise!”  I hear beside me.  My eyes open quickly and I see Mom standing beside my bed, looking down at me with a concerned look on her face.

“What’s wrong?”  I ask immediately, sitting up too quickly and getting a head rush.

She puts her hands on my shoulders to steady me then feels my forehead, “Hmm no fever.  Are you okay?  You never sleep after school.”  She asks.

I yawn, feeling relieved.  “Oh yeah, I’m fine.  I just had a long day and wanted a little nap.  Nothing major.”  I explain, flopping back to my pillows again.

“Alright, I just wanted to let you know that dinner was ready though.  That’s why I came up here in the first place.”  She says smiling.

I nod and rub my eyes, “I’ll be down in a minute.”  I tell her, wanting to wash my face before eating.  Cold water always wakes me up a bit.

She heads back downstairs while I walk down the hall to the bathroom to clean up.  I groan when I see my reflection.  My hair on the left side is really frizzy from how I slept and I have pillow marks on my cheeks.  Deciding to just ignore it all, I wash up and head downstairs hoping that tomorrow will turn out better than today did.

***

“So, did you know that you’re running to Nevada to elope with the middle aged man you slept with over the weekend?”  Haley asks as she falls in step with me in the hallway.