FOUR

Brielle

It's been a couple of days ever since the incident, and Chad still hasn't tried to reach out to me. Is this plan going to work? As much as I fucking hate Chad right now, I still love him. I mean, I shared my many first with him. I can't just throw him away, I mean I do want him back, badly. But Brittany is right, if I take him back in a heart beat, he might take it as an advantage and run all over my ass, and do some trifling shit again. Am I wrong? Should I just leave him alone, or take him back? My head hurt.

I don't know man, I'm just confused and hurt.

What I need to do is clear my mind. Yeah, I think that'll help. I wen't to my closet and slipped on something simple. Some ball shorts, a pair of Jordan beaters, and a matching shirt. I put on some Arm and Hammer deodorant, and used some blistex on my chapped lips. Lastly, I put on my fitness watch and I slipped my phone and keys in my shorts pocket and headed out towards the park. On the way to the park, I grew thirsty so I detoured towards McDonald's and got me a large strawberry banana smoothie.

I headed back to the park, but then I just remembered that I fucking left my basketball at home! Typical ass Brielle. What am I gonna do now? I was planning to play basketball to clear my mind, but I left the fucking ball at home. I'm not those kinda girls that vow they want to be basketball wives and have in their Instagram bio, hashtag 'Ball is Life.' The girl who only pays attention to basketball just to get a guy's attention. I genuinely like the sport. I don't think I'm that bad in basketball, but if I do say so myself, I'm a beast at jump shots. Kenny taught me.

Kenny. I truly miss his ass. I think it's best for him and I to stay friends. I knew him since freshman year and nothing really sparked so I'm guessing it was really never meant to be. Dealing with Kenny made me stressed, and besides I have Chad now. Or had... Either way I think Kenny and I should just remain friends.

I walked into the entrance of the park and I noticed a group of boys playing ball. I would ask them to play, but I might look like a fast ass girl asking for their balls. Okay, pause on that.

I walked over to the nearest bench and took a seat, slurping my smoothie watching them play ball. Looks like the rest of the guys was taking a break and two other boys was just playing one on one. These faces are so familiar it's not even funny, and my blind ass can't even see their faces from the distance that we are apart. I went on Snapchat to post a selfie and a kicks of the day picture. When it was taking time to upload, a ball rolled towards me as all eyes were on me. I raised my freshly waxed brow slipping my phone in my pocket and picking up the ball dribbling it. Are they're gonna stare at me and watch me dribble the fucking ball, or ask me for it? If not ill take this bitch and run home and give it to Julian. Shit, he needs one.

"Are you gonna pass the ball or nah?" This cute brown skin boy out of breath said jogging towards me

At least he has guts. But his face is so fucking familiar, and so is his attitude. Where do I know this boy from?

"You gonna ask me nicely for the ball or nah?" I asked sitting back down and dribbling the ball under my legs.

He gave me an amused look. You might call it showing off, I'll call it showing out. He's probably underestimating me as we speak and thinking I don't know shit about basketball since I'm a female. That's what all guys think to be honest. All I want to do is play, without distracting anybody. Can a bitch just do that, without niggas thinking I want something? All I wan't to do is clear my head.

"Can I get my ball back?" He asked annoyed with a hint of attitude

"Because you asked nicely, here." I passed him the ball "But do you have another? I wanna play." I chest passed it to him

"Basket ball is not for playing, it's a sport." He said dribbling in between his legs effortlessly 

"I don't consider basketball to play or for a sport. I play it to relieve stress. Now do you have another basketball that I can use? It's a yes or no question." It was now my turn to get annoyed 

He sized me up then smirked. "Yeah." He spoke "Keep this one." He said walking backwards, then turning around to jog to the rest of the boys who had their eyes closely on us

"That's what I thought, little bitch ." I said under my breath and went to the hoop that's farther away from them

I started working on my jump shot and my dribbling. The boys stop staring at me after a while when that very familiar looking boy said something. After he did, most of them had a grin or was smirking. It's whatever though, if they got a problem with me they kick bricks for all I care.

Started dribbling the ball hard getting ready to do another jump shot until someone from behind me slapped the ball from out of my hands

"What the fuck!" I yelled frustrated and angry running after the ball

I picked up the ball that rolled all the way to the gate way off of the court. I turned around thinking it was that dumb ass brown skin boy but it turned out to be Chad.

"You mad huh?" He said slapping the ball out of my hand, stealing it to make a free throw

We somehow migrated back on to the court and began having a one on one of our own.

"Yes, I'm fucking mad!" I replied snatching the ball from him as he dribbled it cockily, shooting a three

When he got the ball I slapped it out of his hand and pushed him in the chest. It didn't really phase him but shit, he moved that's all that matters. This nigga needa explain.

"Just let me explain!" He yelled moving closer to my face.

"Fine go ahead." I said folding my arms

"She came onto me." He said simply

"That's it?!" I exclaimed "All you gotta say is 'she came onto me' nigga? Y'all was about to fuck!" I yelled

Tears started to form in my eyes, but not because I was sad or anything. I'm pissed, beyond fucking pissed. Outraged. His excuse is pure and utter bullshit.

"Brielle, you gotta fucking believe me!" He said grabbing my shoulders and looking me dead in the eyes "I was partying and under the influence. Shawty, man I ain't even know her! She seduced me Brielle. I was drunk and out of it, you have to believe me. Baby girl it'll never happen again!"

"Why should I believe you?!" I said punching him in his arm

"Ah, shit!" He hissed out in pain

"Why should I believe you?!" I asked again "Pussy!" I yelled

The other boys started instigating in the background. They started yelling, laughing, screaming like a pack of hyenas. 

"You should believe me because I did this!" He yelled pulling up his sleeve.

I looked at it, I held my hands up to my face and started to cry even more. The tears started streaming, cascading down my checks on my shirt. Faith. Right there in my face, in black bold script letters. The fucking tattoo is so beautiful. It stood out from his beautiful light skin tone. It must've hurt, especially because I punched the fuck outta him in the arm. I instantly felt guilty and everything that Brittany and I spoke about a few nights ago flew out the window.

"You believe me now?" He asked pulling me in a hug a wiping my tears "I love you, Brielle Faith Vasquez. I never meant to hurt you and It's my job to take care of you. If we ever have an argument I won't walk out on you like that on you again okay? I got drunk because I was upset and I went straight to alcohol. I regret it and I know my mistake. I'm sorry baby girl, I love you."

"I love you too."