fourteen

a/n: hey i switch point of views a lot in this chapter so make sure you pay attention, sorry if it's a filler.
-cat

(Previously)

I can cuddle with you if you want me to (insert winking and laughing emoji)

"Really?" He blushed again as he raised his eyebrows with hopefulness.

I shrugged as if to say why not and he quickly wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me in.

Without thinking, a small giggle left my lips. I quickly pressed them together with hope that Luke didn't hear.

But that was crushed as I felt Luke's hands grip my waist and gently push me away from him and into his sight. His entire face was lit up with a huge grin permanent on his lips.

"Did you just laugh?"

I avoided looking in his direction and gave him a weak shrug. His smile grew, crinkles appearing by his blue eyes.

"I know you did Hazel," He teased me.

He poked my side at a constant pace while saying 'admit it' over and over again. I rolled my eyes and nodded, making sure I didn't laugh again.

He smiled with pride before pulling me on top of his body. My eyes widened at this sudden change in position.

"I'm tired, let's sleep some more." He mumbled with closed eyes. I lifted my head from laying on his chest and raised my eyebrows at the suddenly sleepy boy, a smile not well hidden on my lips.

He peeked open one eye with a cheeky grin, "Goodnight."

He wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me in closer to his heartbeat.

"Where the fuck have you been?!"

His hand gripped my hair as I entered through the doors. I bent my neck to relieve some of the pressure. I felt my back slam against the wall, and not too long after, a fist connect with my nose.

Blood streamed down my face and blocked my eyes. I suddenly felt the air leave my lungs and sobs escape my mouth. "Oh shut up!"

His foot made contact with my side. A stream of profanities left his mouth as I shook out of fear and pain.

Luke's P.O.V.

My arms were securely wrapped around Hazel. I stared at the top of her head that was buried into me. My stomach burned as my chest tightened.

I turn my head to look back up at the white ceiling. I studied it as I felt the small blonde in my arms begin to shake.

"Hazel," I mumbled, poking her shoulder.

Her green eyes remained covered. She stirred a bit with furrowed eyebrows. I gently shook her shoulder only for her to move even more. She threw her head to the side and seemed like she was struggling even more, despite the fact that I had now completely pulled myself from under her.

I sat on the edge of the bed and spoke in a more stern voice. "Hazel, wake up."

I grabbed her shoulders and carefully shook them again. Tears began to slip down her cheeks as she trembled in her sleep.