Jean x Reader : Replies

Rumor has it that you slept with five different people while dating Jean.
Rumor has it that you didn't love Jean anymore.
Rumor has it that you were a heartless whore.

How could everything stir up all in one week?  You never slept with anyone to begin with.

You survived one week of school after the rumor spread like wildfire.  It was tough, but you tried your best to ignore the snickering, name calling, and such.  On the outside, you looked like you didn't give a fuck and went on your way.  But on the inside... You were confused and lost.  Who would hate you that much to the point where rumors started to form?  Why in the world would they start something like this?  You had so many questions; you didn't know if there were even answers to them.

It was Saturday.  You stayed in bed all day, shutting everyone, including your parents, out.  It was almost impossible to tell anyone how you felt.  Hell, you couldn't even talk to Jean about this; you didn't want him or anyone to think you were lying.

You groaned when you heard your phone vibrate.  "Who could it be this time?  Maybe another unknown sender telling me to fuck myself."  You turned your phone over to see this on your lock screen:

Jean Love 💙
haven't heard from you in a while... are you okay?

You were nervous, yet grateful about the fact that someone out there is concerned for you.  You unlocked your phone to reply back.

[Y/N]
I wish I was...

Jean Love 💙
what? what happened?

[Y/N]
You didn't hear about the rumors?

Jean Love 💙
no...?

[Y/N]
Weird

Jean Love 💙
do you want to talk about it?

[Y/N]
I'd really like to, but I don't know how you'll react when you hear this...

Jean Love 💙
please tell me [Y/N]

[Y/N]
99% of the school is calling me a "heartless whore" for sleeping with five popular people I've never even heard of and for not loving you anymore... I tried my best to ignore them, but it hurts so much. I didn't want to bother you about this bc I was so sure that you heard about these rumors.
Read

Great... Just great... You were left on read.  What else could possibly go wrong?  You sighed and stared at the ceiling.  "Love my life," you said with sarcasm.  You tucked yourself in your blanket and rolled yourself into a burrito blanket.  You watched that one side of your room while laying on your side, not feeling one emotion at the moment.  You spent a good thirty minutes laying in a position like this... until your phone vibrated.  Not seeing the preview, you unlocked your phone right away to see the text and the previous ones, but you ended up seeing a huge paragraph that looked like a five-paragraph essay in MLA format.

Jean Love 💙
i heard about these rumors actually, and don't get me wrong, i'm not mad. people been telling me to break up with you and that you're not loyal and shit. it breaks my heart just hearing about these things about us... not gonna lie, whoever started these rumors must really hate you or are just trolls haha.
i know that you didn't sleep with anyone because you never slept with me. i know that you wouldn't even think about doing something like that because you're just... you.  and i trust you.
i wanted to give you time and space to think about this because i can't imagine what you're going through right now and i didn't want to bother you either. it breaks my heart even more to hear that you're hurt and getting bullied for this.
you know that i know that i'm never good at typing cheesy things like this, but here it goes.
i would totally come over to your house and comfort you, hug you, and give you as many hugs and kisses as you need, but i can't. i'm out of town with my mom and i'm coming back very late tomorrow night. i truly wish i could be there with you right now, [Y/N]. i really do.
please stay strong for me babe. i love you so much, you mean the world to me. i guarantee that nothing will come between us. the next time the both of us are free, we'll go to your favorite restaurant, arcade, movies, chill at your house, or wherever we could take our minds off of these things... how about next friday? i just want us to be happy, but most importantly, i really want you to be happy. ily ❤️
ps. rumors die out quickly, don't worry too much about them, okay? ❤️

You had no idea what to say at the moment; you've felt a bunch of mixed emotions fluttering in you.  You slapped yourself and reread that text just to be 100% sure that this wasn't all just a dream.  Rolling around in your little blanket burrito, you squealed in delight and kept thinking about how you were going to reply to Jean.

[Y/N]
I don't even know what to say right now... I'm speechless, Jean.  I really thought you would be mad at me because of those things, but I'm glad I was wrong.  Reading your message made me feel a lot better and happier than I was about an hour ago.  Thank you so, so much 💕 I can't wait to see you again this Friday.

From there on, you became really excited about this date; it came to the point where you counted down the days left.  Yes, you'd see him at school everyday, but with all of these schedules and work piling on you, it was nearly impossible to spend some quality time with him.  Nonetheless, you began to actually not give a fuck about these rumors.  They hate you because they ain't you.