Chapter 6 ~The Final Line~

No One's POV

Lady Misfortune threw her yoyo at Chat Noir to cut him off. He was too shocked to dodge her attack, so he got critically hit.

In the next second, Chat was brought down to the ground. It took him a minute to get up because he was thinking of a plan to not hurt her. He then put his baton away onto his back and slowly approached her, showing her that he's no threat.

"Please, I-I don't want to hurt you, Mari." He said, feared of what she's going to do. It took a moment before she replied. "Oh, but I want to! So stop being such scaredy cat, and fight me! Unless, you're a coward." Misfortune smirked, evilly.

She started to move closer until she was soon chasing after him. Since he didn't want to fight her, he decided to run to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Of course, she followed.When they were on the top of the tower, Chat tried to confront her again, hoping it would work.

"I know you're stronger than this Marinette! Please be strong and fight it! Don't give up!" Chat said.
"Ha! Pathetic, Marinette is gone! Gone you hear me, GONE!" Misfortune spitted those nasty words at chat.

She then took her yoyo again and threw it at Chat. He dodged it easily this time, but he knew his plan wasn't working. So he took out his baton again and fought back.

They were both attacking, dodging and blocking. They did this for half an hour until Chat finally stopped holding back what he didn't want to do. He knew the only way to get Marinette back was to break her earrings and get the akuma out. He knew this would make such a huge impact on her, but he knew it's going to be ok.

Chat Noir blocked and dodged all of Lady Misfortune's attacks. He started to walk towards her and she started to walk backwards in order to get a save distance from him.

Then she was at the edge of the tower. Chat knocked her yoyo out of her hand and it fell all the way to the ground.

Now she has no weapons to defend herself, but she does has her hands. She started trying to punch him, but he just dodged them.

Lady Misfortune was now tired from trying to attacking him with her bare hands for 20 minutes.

She was out of breath and was breathing hard. A butterfly mask was over her face and Hawkmoth was screaming at her to keep on fighting. She was deeply frustrated, she was stressed.

While she was trying to sort things out in her head, Chat saw this was his one and only chance. So he took it.

He grabbed her earrings. But little did he know, she lost her balance and was starting to fall off the tower.

He crushed the earring with ease and used cataclysm to destroy the nasty butterfly. But since he had the power of destruction, he couldn't revert the damage. By the time he destroyed the akuma, he looked up to see Marinette gone.

Then he heard a piercing scream and a loud thud rang in his ears.

His eyes widened. He quickly looked down, and saw a lifeless looking Marinette on one of the tower's beam.

Tears started to form in his eyes. He rushed to Marinette's side, grasping her hand desperately wanting her to wake up.

He checked her heartbeat. Luckily she was still alive. But from the fall she just suffered, some of her bones are most likely to be broken. And she has a a very low percentage to live if he doesn't rush her to the hospital now.

He quickly, and carefully picked her up in bridal style and carried her to the hospital. He was careful not to hurt her while running with her.

He barged into the emergency room and called for a nurse or a doctor.