Chapter Twelve

C H A P T E R     T W E L V E

-----------

Adrien's POV

"Not even as Adrien she says whats wrong."I muttered. "What do you expect?"Plagg jumped in. "Shut up." I got up when Marinette's mom came in. I smiled at her walking over to her. 

"I have the crossiants."She smiled. "Thank you for the won-fur-ful food, but I have to leave. It was nice seeing you again, bye." I shook her hand. She stood there aimlessly looking at me. I got out looking for Marinette.

"Ugh dammit, Mari," I muttered.

I hid behind a dumpster, "Plagg claws out!" 

I jumped on a building. I searched the area for Marinette when I saw her sitting on the water fountain in the park. I went over to her, "Marinette, talk to me."I said bitterly.

She looked up to me. I could sense this type of fear and confusion. She got up I took her hand, "Marinette please...I'm desperate here." I begged her to answer me.

"Chat I-I can't. I just can't." She murmured.

"Let me help with what evers wrong." I started bringing her into a hug when she pushed away. "Please Chat just leave me alone."

"No, I won't leave you in this state of sadness." I stood in her way not allowing her to leave. "Just leave me alone Chat!" She yelled.

"No! Just tell me whats wrong dammit!" That's when it hit me, litter-ly. She slapped me, a sharp sting on my cheek. She hit's harder than I expected. I touched my cheek, it was throbbing in pain.

I looked around, she left. Everyone at the park was staring at me. I gave out an awkward chuckle and left. 

Marinette's POV

I love Chat. 

I can't love Chat.

Yet I do.

I sat back at my seat in school. For once I was actually early. 

Soon everybody else started coming in. Before I knew it class began. I couldn't bother on what the teacher was talking about though. My mind was on Chat. 

I raised my hand up, "May I go to the bathroom?" I asked. She nodded her head yes. I ran out but not before catching a glance at Adrien. Our eyes met for a split second. 

I entered the girl's bathroom. I went into a stall and sat down.

"Marinette?" Tikki little voice said. 

Tears started dripping down. I put my hands on my face digging my face deep in them. 

"Oh, Mari."She whispered.

"I can't T-Tikki...I just can't." Tears started going down more rapidly. "Chat...I'm just a broken, clumsy girl. He's the hero of Paris." 

"You're the hero of Paris too!" Tikki exclaimed. "I was going to give up Tikki! He was the one who helped me become Ladybug. Without him, I wouldn't be the same." I paused looking at the door of the stall. "He's the real hero." 

"Marinette you are a he-" 

"No Tikki."

"I might be a hero but I'm still broken. Chat is nothing but my partner like I said a good hero listens to there head...not the heart." My heart aching with every word I said. "I can't stand the pain if...if he.." Tears rolling down my cheeks. My eyes throbbing from all the crying. "We just don't work out together."I finally whispered coldly.

I got out of the stall and washed my face.

Adrien's POV

After school, I had modeling business so attend to. The entire time I wasn't in the mood to smile or just even be there. I wanted to get an answer. I wanted to be with Marinette.

I went back home working my homework in frustration. I couldn't stand being anywhere expect with Marinette. Yet I hold my Chat in not wanting another slapping, or do I?

Soon night fall came and I tried my hardest to fall asleep. I couldn't hold it in anymore, "Plagg claws out!" 

I jumped from building to building until I came to Marinette's house. I saw Marinette sitting down in here desk.

"Princess?"

"C-Chat." She looked up at me. Tear stains on her cheeks. I tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

"I'm sorry C-Chat." She muttered. "Sorry about what?" I asked. "I'm sorry about slapping you! I'm sorry for being such a burden." She cried.

"Your not a burden! Your amazing and beautiful and-"

"I'm breaking up with you." She said bluntly. My heart sank, "What?"

"I'm breaking u-up w-with you." I saw tears rolling down her cheek. "W-why?" I coughed up.

"Why! Since the start, it wasn't going to work out! Allowing me to break up with you if my crush liked me back. Also that we both loved another people! And I don't want t-to." She turned away from me.

I heard quiet sobs. "T-to?" I felt tears on my cheeks. "I don't want to deal with the pain if you...if you." I stared at her knowing what she meant.

"I'm not! I-I won't!"

"I can't deal with all this confusion Chat. Please just leave."

"Marinette."

"Please."

I stood there quietly, she did the same. I finally gave up and left.

Was I angry? Yes. 

Was I heartbroken? Of course.

Do I love her?

Absolutely.

(A/N) THIS CHAPTER WAS HELL TO WRITE! I knew what I wanted to achieve by the end of the chapter but I couldn't put it into words. Honestly, it was the worst. But I survived! *starts singing I Will Survive*